Charged for using mace

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Charged for using mace

Post by Bruenor »

Sure would like to know the rest of this story. it seems there was a disparity of force and she used the mace to get everyone to stop. It was used in defense of herself or others (daughter) when under threat of serious injury. There must be something missing from this story cause I'm not understanding why she was charged.

https://wtkr.com/2019/05/22/mother-arre ... -daughter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A mother was arrested for allegedly macing a group of people that were fighting her daughter.
While Rankins and the mother of the other juvenile were talking, their daughters began to fight in the street. The other juvenile’s mother tried to separate the two and then became part of the fight, resulting in several other people joining in.

It was reported that Rankins located a can of mace on the ground and started spraying to get everyone off of her daughter.
After further investigation, officers arrested Rankins for three counts of Malicious Assault by Acid/Explosive/Fire, two counts of Assault, and three counts of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Charged for using mace

Post by Javelin Man »

They probably through everyone under the bus and charged everybody with something to let the courts decide what should stick.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Just found that mace laying on the ground, eh? Uh-huh. :roll:

I doubt anyone in this incident can legitimately claim clean hands.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

sodbuster95 wrote:Just found that mace laying on the ground, eh? Uh-huh. :roll:
Yeah that caught my eye too, no pun intended.

What it was, was...