Can we talk about this now?-Vindicated Jesse Ventura

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Can we talk about this now?-Vindicated Jesse Ventura

Post by JU-87 »

To all you naive people that got sucked into the Chris Kyle Cult:At the very least, go to 7:38 and listen for 15 seconds.

Vindicated Jesse Ventura announces Chris Kyle lawsuit settlement

Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm-XAEW6Do0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Can we talk about this now?-Vindicated Jesse Ventura

Post by JustaShooter »

Meh. I don't care (or have an opinion) one way or the other. A settlement means nothing - and does not establish guilt or innocence of either party. My company has settled out of court on more than one occasion because it simply wasn't cost effective to defend the case in court even though in the ones I'm familiar with there was no doubt that we were not guilty of the charges.

Also, his assertion that the defendant doesn't pay anything is absurd.

Nice one-sided video, though.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

The fact that you just found this video from December 2017 doesn't make it news now. All you're doing is re-hashing your previous thread on this subject, so I'll repeat what I said then: You're accepting Ventura's statement at face value. All we know is that both parties settled. He claimed something went into his account. Could've been 1c. Could've been his attorney costs. We don't know.

Companies settle all the time to make people shut up and go away without admitting wrongdoing.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/04/l ... ican-liar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“The settlement and all the negotiations surrounding the settlement are confidential,” Ventura attorney David Olsen said.
Ventura's free to claim he got what he wanted - although he admits he didn't get an apology - but Harper's and everyone else on the other side are strictly following the agreement rules and saying nothing because that's what confidential means.

Again I ask why this is even a thread? It's literally you just bringing back up a thread from a year and a half ago. This one viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90787&p=4383404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I give you both credit for looking.

I bring it up again because:
I just found this video (again).
I think it's STILL a fascinating case on how (otherwise objective) patriotic, pro-2A Americans can be manipulated into: supporting an unpopular war, and supporting a alleged "hero".

Most Chris Kyle Cult members/former members won't even look. :roll:

THANK YOU for linking to my previous topic.

Best regards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.