Online Gun Order And The Headaches

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Online Gun Order And The Headaches

Post by DOA33 »

I've been in the market for a bullpup shotgun for awhile now. After reading and drooling over what I saw, I settled on the Bullpup BP12. Unfortunately for me none of the local gun shops sell that firearm nor any other semi auto shotgun for that matter but I was informed of looking into a AR platform shotgun. I go online and found the gun I was searching for but the asking price was too much for me. I took the one sale's man advise and looked into the AR side and found something in my price range, looked good, and has great reviews. It was the AR12 made by Panzer Arms. I went back to my fav gun shop and talked about online ordering and pricing they would charge, got all that taken care of. I went and ordered the firearm, all I had to do was have the gun shop fax or email the following. My name, order number, and the shop's FFL license before they would ship. I emailed the shop and they sent out a email to the online dealer the next morning.

Fast forward to today, I get a email saying they haven't received FFL for my order. I emailed them back and told them the shop sent a email Friday morning with the requested information and also told them the shop's name and address. They responded they have them on file but their FFL had expired at the beginning of this month. I contacted the store and they said they attached the new FFL to the email and have the dealer check again. I called the dealer and she checks the emails and said they got nothing on a new FFL. So, I call the store again and told them and they would resend the email. Right now I'm lost cause there is nothing I can do, the dealer has my money and if I cancel it's a 20% restock fee, the store has emailed them twice now, and when I emailed the dealer this afternoon I didn't receive a response. Hopeful tomorrow everything is worked out.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Online Gun Order And The Headaches

Post by Javelin Man »

Have a little patience, let them work it out for a day, but then have the dealer or the store call the other and work it out. You're paying them to do some work for you, make them do it.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JM has it exactly right. Gads, I hate to admit this, but remember when even fax machines were too newfangled/expensive for some dealers to be bothered with, FFLs were exchanged via the Post Office.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Good news, got a email this morning the dealer received the 2nd email and the gun has shipped. I've order alot of things online and it seems gun shops are still in the dark ages when it comes to online websites and trying to get everything in order before shipping.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Generally, heck no they aren't in the dark ages whatsoever.

It sounds like perhaps the one you picked may be.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I recently bought a very nice modern firearm I'd been looking to get for a while.
Sent the seller the money order and had my ffl send his info.
Weeks pass. Guy answers my query with "your ffl is not on my list so you need a different ffl"

Whut?

Turns out seller was shipping via a service called "ship my gun" or something, they get you a discount on shipping. My ffl wasn't on their list so they wouldn't ship unless my ffl joined their club.
Basically the club matches local sellers with local ffls to ship and receive guns for a small fee.
My guy didn't want to join. Don't blame him, he's in his 70s and doesn't even have a fax machine and still used AOL for all his online activity.

So after a month of arguing the seller finally ships but her wants me to pay for shipping, when our deal was $xxx shipped.
Nope.
It eventually worked out but I had to threaten to walk away and get a full refund first.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Sounds like it's a really good idea to insure your receiving FFL is acceptable to the seller BEFORE any money changes hands.
Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.