Drug dealing on my property....maybe?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Drug dealing on my property....maybe?

Post by willbird »

OhioPaints wrote:I think there may be a difference between her assuming and her knowing what was going on.

We suspected there was some drug activity on some rental property we owned. We went to the county sheriff's office and told them what we knew. The officer told us that if we had not actually seen anything, they could not do anything and we would not be in trouble if something happened. He did suggest that if we visited and did a "landlord" inspection and found any evidence, then they could act.
I knew a guy who was to a degree a slumlord...he rented a bunch of crappy house and duplexes. If people did not pay he did not formally evict them, he and his two sons just went over and moved them and their stuff out. One soon to be former tenant was all "you cannot do this, I'm gonna call the Police". Ted told him "Please do......um that tray there with the marijuana on it, and that water pipe sitting next to it, are those yours ?? I'm sure the Police will be interested in those". He said the guy quit complaining and started to help them move his stuff outside.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
deanimator

Re: Drug dealing on my property....maybe?

Post by deanimator »

willbird wrote:I knew a guy who was to a degree a slumlord...he rented a bunch of crappy house and duplexes. If people did not pay he did not formally evict them, he and his two sons just went over and moved them and their stuff out. One soon to be former tenant was all "you cannot do this, I'm gonna call the Police". Ted told him "Please do......um that tray there with the marijuana on it, and that water pipe sitting next to it, are those yours ?? I'm sure the Police will be interested in those". He said the guy quit complaining and started to help them move his stuff outside.

Bill
Similar amusing story from college:

I won't divert into another very long story, but the drug dealer across the hall from me and his retard "enforcer" got into a beef with some fraternity pledges over product paid for but not delivered. Dim bulbs that they were, they got expelled and thought [mistakenly] that some friends and I had turned them in. Threats were made and recourse had to be made to the threat of armed self-defense.

In the midst of all of this, a soy boy in the dorm threatened to tell the school that we had guns. I merely looked him in the eye and said words to the effect of, "Say, what was that funny smell coming from your room last night? Did your rope sandals catch on fire?" The subject of guns in the dorm was dropped immediately and permanently.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.