The mother of all shotgun shells

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

The mother of all shotgun shells

Post by AlanM »

This is totally off the subject of concealed carry but I just ran across this in Quora and have to share it.

The question was: Has an M1 Abrams ever been used against infantry?
Here's the response:

This is the M1028.

It is a shotgun shell for the M1. It has 1100 tungsten balls designed to make any infantry on the recieving end have a bad day. Optimal spread occurs between 200 M and 500 M with the design to eliminate >50% of an advancing infantry squad.

Before and after at a range

A bad day for infantry. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Original source:https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/200 ... ank-m1028/
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: The mother of all shotgun shells

Post by Javelin Man »

That's a good use of a shotgun!

When we were filming at Antietam for a Civil War documentary, we loaded a cannon with the grapeshot load that would've been used against advancing infantry and fired it into a cornfield planted just for the film. The devastation was complete, it fanned right out and mowed down nearly every stalk of corn out to 50 yards and then thinned out to 100 yards. That pretty much took care of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg nine months later.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
AlanM

Re: The mother of all shotgun shells

Post by AlanM »

Yep, after I posted that I thought about grape shot.
Just the thought of being on the wrong side of either one gives me the heebie-jeebies.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.