We Are Going To Lose The Coming War With China

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

A chilling and thought provoking article. Your thoughts?

Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Mar 21, 2019
Nations famously tend to always try to fight the last war, and what America is preparing to do today with the newly assertive China is no exception. The problem is our last war was against primitive religious fanatics in the Middle East and China is an emerging superpower with approaching-peer level conventional capabilities and an actual strategy for contesting the United States in all the potential battlespaces – land, sea, air, space and cyber. America is simply not ready for the Pacific war to come. We’re likely to lose...
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... a-n2543332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: We Are Going To Lose The Coming War With China

Post by evan price »

China has manpower and some technical ability.
What they dont have is an experienced military especially career sergeants, noncoms and middle officer corps or a navy worth a damn.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

China leaders are not stupid. Even if they did win a war with the US they would losers also. The US has allies all over the world, the Chinese have very few. Russia would side with us also. IMO. Japan South Korea just to mention a few good allies. Who does China have ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

China already owns us by purchasing all our debt and/or loaning us money. If they defeat us, they are out all that cash.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:China leaders are not stupid. Even if they did win a war with the US they would losers also. The US has allies all over the world, the Chinese have very few. Russia would side with us also. IMO. Japan South Korea just to mention a few good allies. Who does China have ?
The next war will be with Iran.
Black Rifles Matter
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

As far as "losing" a hypothetical war with China, even back during the Cold War when I was in the Army, we were basically told by our higher ups that we would "lose" a ground war in Europe with Russia, should the former Soviet Union had chosen to invade. We simply didn't have the numbers compared to the Soviets. The only debate was how long it would take the Soviets to overrun all of Europe. All the NATO training was mainly to slow down the advance not stop it. One estimate I heard was a month, if France chose not to use their nukes. My unit wasn't even training to "win" a war with the Soviets, it was to maintain control in what would be left in the US after WW3.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Berlin crisis time we we’re training in the 3RD Infantry Division to kick the crap out of the Soviet Union. Never a word we couldn’ with our allies.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

As an adopted American who happens to be adopted from that region of the world I really hope we never get in a serious war with them. or at least that people wouldn't try to throw me in a "holding facility" or whatever they would end up calling the camps. And before you say it could never happen, it was not so long ago that something like that happened in America.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Berlin crisis time we we’re training in the 3RD Infantry Division to kick the crap out of the Soviet Union. Never a word we couldn’ with our allies.
The Berlin crisis of 1961? Maybe the soldiers were told that at that time, but in the mid to late eighties we were given a more pessimistic estimate. Not that the US or their allies couldn't have kicked the crap out of any invading Russians but what we were told was that whatever happened with the troops already in Europe would simply be a delaying action, simply based on numbers. Of course the intel was probably flawed, because as is known now the Soviets did a lot of things to inflate not only numbers but readiness. They did a lot of bluffing, including leaking false readiness reports for the benefit of the CIA. For example, according to a relative of mine who during the Cold War worked for AF war planning, even though the Soviet Air Force had higher numbers of planes that the US Air Force, their actual readiness percentage was much lower than the US. I'm guessing the Soviet Army did similar measures.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

JU-87 wrote:A chilling and thought provoking article. Your thoughts?
Chilling AND thought provoking on various levels.
That being said, mental preparedness should have as few blinders as possible.
Could I be more vague?
Maybe. :?
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe