Getting error when logging in to this forum

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Getting error when logging in to this forum

Post by AlanM »

Whenever I login this message shows for a few seconds above the Forum top graphic.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/auth.php on line 958: file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/ohioccwforums.org/migration): failed to open stream:

As I said, it only shows for a few seconds and then disappears and I don't notice any other strange behaviors of the site.
Just thought I'd let the powers that be know about it.

BTW - It would be nice if there were a mechanism to be able to report things like this to the site administrator.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Getting error when logging in to this forum

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:BTW - It would be nice if there were a mechanism to be able to report things like this to the site administrator.
Well, you did the next best thing by reporting it here. I've passed it along to the folks that can do something about it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

AlanM wrote:Whenever I login this message shows for a few seconds above the Forum top graphic.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/auth.php on line 958: file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/ohioccwforums.org/migration): failed to open stream:

As I said, it only shows for a few seconds and then disappears and I don't notice any other strange behaviors of the site.
Just thought I'd let the powers that be know about it.

BTW - It would be nice if there were a mechanism to be able to report things like this to the site administrator.
Alan,
Have you tried clearing your browser history?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

This is not a user-side issue. This appears to be a directory with incorrect read/write/access permissions on the server.

I got it to when logging out and back in. It will require a site maintainer to correct it.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
machinegunkelly

Post by machinegunkelly »

If it helps, I have been getting one that lasts for a few seconds saying that my password might be vulnerable as I was trying to enter a non secure sight. I will try and get a screen print next time it happens.
MGK
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

its fixed.

Mistake on my part. Thanks :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.