Gander Outdoors, Mentor Grand Opening Sat June 9th

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Gander Outdoors, Mentor Grand Opening Sat June 9th

Post by Bruenor »

I was in the neighborhood this evening and noticed Gander Outdoors off Heisley road in Mentor was open, so I thought I'd stop in and take a look. Overall I'd have to say I like it more than Gander Mountain.
Hunting, Fishing (LOTS of fishing stuff, even fly tying materials), Boating, Camping, mountain bikes, Archery, Hunting, clothing, Guns, and Ammo.

Firearms selection was across the board from Shotguns to AR's to stock precision chassis style rifles (308 & 6.5 Ruger, Howa, Savage) . Pistols, AR15 uppers, lowers, parts kits, accessories, plenty of reasonably priced 30 round PMags, 60 round drums, and specialized tools. Optics selection was a bit slim, but they do have more stock coming.

Uncle Mikes and Fobus weren't the only ones represented in the Holster isle, there was also Safariland, Blackhawk, Crossbreed(first time I've ever seen them in a retail store), Galco, and several others. they even had Heavy leather belts from Crossbreed and Versacarry.

Ammo selection was good, and prices were not unreasonable. certainly lower than Gander of old or Dicks. And they had a small selection of powder in the reloading cabinet.

If you are local or in the area, it's worth dropping in to take a look. Overall I'm pleased with the changes, I will shop here, where I had completely given up hope on G mountain.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Gander Outdoors, Mentor Grand Opening Sat June 9th

Post by Mr. Glock »

I read they will have 8 stores in Ohio off the bat.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JonasM

Re: Gander Outdoors, Mentor Grand Opening Sat June 9th

Post by JonasM »

Nice to hear. We're in that area often.