Grandfather Subdues Attacking Coyote

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Scott

Post by Scott »

Another good reason for packing. I notice that this was a female again--like the one in Cleveland Metro Parks we read about awhile back. Not that that excuses the coyote from attacking--it still needs to be put down with extreme predjudice (in a kind and loving manner, naturally :P )--but it is interesting. I had never heard of coyotes attacking humans until recently.

Mass. Grandfather Out for a Walk in the Woods Gets the Better of an Attacking Coyote
The Associated Press
NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. - A grandfather out for a walk in the woods with his son and 4-year-old grandson got the better of an attacking coyote.

Arthur Cole, 76, encountered the female coyote near the Assabet River in Northborough on Wednesday afternoon, not far from Cole's home in a retirement community.

Cole, who was attacked from behind, held the coyote down for 15 minutes until firefighters and police officers, who'd been called by family members, arrived and killed the animal by asphyxiation, according to police Sgt. James Bruce. The dead coyote was taken to Tufts Veterinary School in Westborough to be tested for rabies.

Read the rest http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1191038
Blip!
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

I think too many "wild" animals are getting too much of the wrong human contact. It makes them bolder. That is the reason a ferel dog scares me so badly. You never know what responce you are going to get out of one of them.