The Thread About Nothing!!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: The Thread About Nothing!!

Post by CroManGun »

evan price wrote:Why do companies selling shop lights advertise that they have cords and plugs on the box, and they are 6" long? Worthless...
Years ago, I used to hang shop lights in commercial applications. The blueprints determined the light locations. Then the electricians would do the wire runs, with an outlet box placed along the run for each light. I'd hang the lights and plug them in only inches away from the fixtures. No extension cords, no drooping wires, easy replacement. I still run my wiring like that; installing an outlet close to a fixture. No muss, no fuss.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

CroManGun wrote:
evan price wrote:Why do companies selling shop lights advertise that they have cords and plugs on the box, and they are 6" long? Worthless...
Years ago, I used to hang shop lights in commercial applications. The blueprints determined the light locations. Then the electricians would do the wire runs, with an outlet box placed along the run for each light. I'd hang the lights and plug them in only inches away from the fixtures. No extension cords, no drooping wires, easy replacement. I still run my wiring like that; installing an outlet close to a fixture. No muss, no fuss.
BobK

Gas prices

Post by BobK »

Filled my car up at Costco this weekend for $2.509 per gallon, which will be $2.384 per gallon after my 5% rebate.

Then I purchased weekly groceries while prudently armed at our unposted Costco. 8)

Driving to work this morning, I saw one station with $2.469 posted.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
centermass

Post by centermass »

$2.09 in Sylvania. And holding.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
welshj

Post by welshj »

Had a great time the last couple days dealing with the wonderful NW Ohio weather!!!

Wind chill and wind direction change caused me the wonderful joy of frozen water pipes.
sigh... weird, but only my hot water froze. All pipes are wrapped, and laying in blown in insulation!

My home is built into the ground and is surrounded by concrete on three walls.
Thus, my water pipes run up into the attic, and then into perspective walls and rooms.
They run along the back of the house where the roof meets the ground... fun.

Had to buy a kerosene heater, build a peak vent cover and install it in two feet of drifted snow.
only took a day and a half to get my water flowing again!
Today the wind was coming from the west- front of the house, and a little warmer.
21 degrees in the sun!
yay...
:D :shock:
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
welshj

Post by welshj »

Took along hard road trip to texas the other week-
Happily carried all the way to the Texas border. Then from there to Florida and back home again carrying without issues!
3600 some odd miles in a week? Sore.

What was odd? The winter weather following us down! The day I left texas, there was a quarter inch of ice coating everything.
Florida was overcast and chilly? Then a day later- warm and sunny?

So glad to see ohio warming up!
Need to get some shooting in!!!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Time to head for high ground, all that accumulated snow is now melting.
BobK

Post by BobK »

welshj wrote:Took along hard road trip to texas the other week-
Last week I took a trip in the opposite direction. Spent five days in Columbus on business. It was zero degrees one morning and Columbus got 2-4 inches on Wednesday night (03/04). Still, it was nice to see the sign at Easton congratulating the UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Had a good breakfast with Chuck at Bob Evans before returning home on Saturday. Thanks for buying, Chuck!
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Time to head for high ground, all that accumulated snow is now melting.
It could have been worse and rained at the same time that it got warmer. At least in Columbus, a majority of the ground cover had already melted by the time we got some rain. The fog we got this morning however was interesting.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

BobK wrote: Had a good breakfast with Chuck at Bob Evans before returning home on Saturday. Thanks for buying, Chuck!
It was my pleasure, Bob!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
centermass

Post by centermass »

Ahhhhh... that new gun smell....
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
welshj

Post by welshj »

Had a female friend and her husband come out over the last weekend.
She is a law student, and has a stalker- so she asked about learning something about guns and shooting as she would like to get a pistol and her CHL soon.

She got a block of instruction on coopers rules of safety, then on to familiarization with different guns, hand and long.
Showed her safe handling and clearing procedures for everything I have.
Then a class on aiming and proper sight picture before going out and actually shooting.

Started her out with a .22 ruger mark II, then on to the wifes .38 and then my .45's.

Actually did really well with the ruger- all rounds but one hit on target... a little wide, staggered group... but on target.

fun day.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

welshj wrote:Had a female friend and her husband come out over the last weekend.
She is a law student, and has a stalker- so she asked about learning something about guns and shooting as she would like to get a pistol and her CHL soon.

She got a block of instruction on coopers rules of safety, then on to familiarization with different guns, hand and long.
Then a class on aiming and proper sight picture before going out and actually shooting.

Started her out with a .22 ruger mark II, then on to the wifes .38 and then my .45's.

Actually did really well with the ruger- all rounds but one hit on target... a little wide, staggered group... but on target.

fun day.
Kudos to the wife for being proactive in such a dangerous situation.
But...
Where was her hubby during all this, in a corner sucking his thumb? Or does he figure, "Hey, he's YOUR stalker, YOU deal with it"?
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

CroManGun wrote:
welshj wrote:Had a female friend and her husband come out over the last weekend.

fun day.
Kudos to the wife for being proactive in such a dangerous situation.
But...
Where was her hubby during all this, in a corner sucking his thumb? Or does he figure, "Hey, he's YOUR stalker, YOU deal with it"?
This statement seems a bit unnecessary to me.

I don't know the situation, so I can't comment on it. I do know that my wife has a tendency to learn better, and retain more, if taught by someone else. For some reason when I try to give her pointers, especially if she's already frustrated, she takes it a criticism, rather than me trying to be helpful. If we are shooting, and someone else is trying to give her advice, I generally try to stay back, and let her soak it in.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

How the heck did I put 100,000 miles on a vehicle in just three years? I thought I was driving less nowadays.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.