Where is everybody?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Where is everybody?

Post by Brian D. »

We seem to have hit a low ebb on this board. Like, the least amount of discussion I've witnessed here, ever. Have the recent gains we've made with regards to gun rights in the Statehouse made us complacent?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by schmieg »

Noticed the same thing. We just got back from a road trip up north for a week where we didn't take the computers and didn't look at the phones. There were almost no new threads and very few new messages when we got back.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Good evening Mike. Glad you stopped by. Maybe we can have a SW Ohio Meetup event sometime soon. No need to wait months putting it together, either. October maybe?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Good evening Mike. Glad you stopped by. Maybe we can have a SW Ohio Meetup event sometime soon. No need to wait months putting it together, either. October maybe?
Probably a good idea to try to drum up some interest again. At least it will take my mind off my irritation at having my outgoing mail stolen at the post office and having checks modified to reflect different payees and different amounts passed on to my bank. One was an $18.36 check changed to $4500.00 payable to some woman I never heard of. My bank has taken care of all of it immediately upon my bringing it to its attention, but it still makes me mad. I check my accounts daily online and through Quicken, so I catch them as soon as they come in, but it's a real time consumer dealing with it. I've stopped using the mail except when absolutely necessary. Apparently, I'm not alone as a number of people in this postal area have been hit.

Got any dates in mind?
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I'm still watching and reading! We have won so many battles that we have become complacent. There are more to go like a Hearing Protection Act.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

40 days.... :)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
513resident

Post by 513resident »

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion regarding H.R. 1808. It is still out there and, given the Leftist domination of our government, it is probably one of the most serious threats we have faced in a long time...possibly since 1994. https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... /1808/text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

513resident wrote:I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion regarding H.R. 1808. It is still out there and, given the Leftist domination of our government, it is probably one of the most serious threats we have faced in a long time...possibly since 1994. https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... /1808/text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The lack of discussion is likely because even before the recent SCOTUS rulings, the bill was considered DOA. With the recent SCOTUS decisions, even more so. Is that an example of complacency? I don't know, but it doesn't feel like it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:We seem to have hit a low ebb on this board. Like, the least amount of discussion I've witnessed here, ever. Have the recent gains we've made with regards to gun rights in the Statehouse made us complacent?
I've been watching this trend for a while, and yes, I think much of it is due to complacency, and some due to the overall slow decline in use of online forums in preference to using social media.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

JustaShooter wrote:
Brian D. wrote:We seem to have hit a low ebb on this board. Like, the least amount of discussion I've witnessed here, ever. Have the recent gains we've made with regards to gun rights in the Statehouse made us complacent?
I've been watching this trend for a while, and yes, I think much of it is due to complacency, and some due to the overall slow decline in use of online forums in preference to using social media.
Using social media until the discussion offends someone and then it's blocked.
-- Mike

kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

schmieg wrote: At least it will take my mind off my irritation at having my outgoing mail stolen at the post office and having checks modified to reflect different payees and different amounts passed on to my bank. .... Apparently, I'm not alone as a number of people in this postal area have been hit.
Someone modified one of my checks. When I filed the report with my township police, I found out I was not alone. Apparently people have copies of the keys that open mail boxes. I no longer deposit my mail in the box outside the post office. I walk inside and put it in the slot in wall.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

kcclark wrote:
schmieg wrote: At least it will take my mind off my irritation at having my outgoing mail stolen at the post office and having checks modified to reflect different payees and different amounts passed on to my bank. .... Apparently, I'm not alone as a number of people in this postal area have been hit.
Someone modified one of my checks. When I filed the report with my township police, I found out I was not alone. Apparently people have copies of the keys that open mail boxes. I no longer deposit my mail in the box outside the post office. I walk inside and put it in the slot in wall.
I have done that and still had checks disappear.
-- Mike

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I check in everyday..I mailed a check for $8500.00. My business to there business is 7 miles..It took 11 days. I think there has been so much accomplished that we are satisfied. So we become complacent..
Besides, some of you guys are boring. :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

schmieg wrote:I've stopped using the mail except when absolutely necessary. Apparently, I'm not alone as a number of people in this postal area have been hit.
The ffl i work for had his postal carrier ignore the "signature required" special delivery on the packages and just dumped them all on the steps of his shop after 6pm (closed) and forged my signature as recipient.
Within 60 seconds porch pirates pulled up and grabbed all the boxes which included 3 cases of handguns. Gone just like that.
One of them already turned up on a criminal arrested up by Cleveland.
And the mail carrier still has a job.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Dedicated forums have been slowly dying. And then theres all the busy working summer stuff.
I know I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.