Informing your date?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Weights

Post by Weights »

66 Deuce Coupe:
How is the Pager Pal Holster? Is it both comfortable and conceable? I thought about getting one, but quite a few told me that it wasn't comfortable, and not the most conceable.
66 deuce coupe

Post by 66 deuce coupe »

I don't like tje pager pal at all.
In fact I have two of them,and never use them.
If someone wants to try one I'd make a good deal.
when threatened,let GOD sort em out!

For Evil to survive, it takes only for one GOOD man to do nothing.
Weights

Post by Weights »

If I was going on a first date or two, I would probably not mention the fact that I carry a gun, just because of the fact that I don't want the other person to know too much too quicly. If I felt that I was really going somewhere with this person and more personal information was being exchanged, then I probably would tell her at that point, and answer any questions or objections that she had. In the end, if she couldn't accept the fact that I carry, well then, shame on her; I'm not giving up my safety just for the sake of settling to be with someone.
chef dennis
Account Deactivated

Post by chef dennis »

I never carried when I was dating my wife or wives since i have been divorced twice. That was along time ago. But my wife isn't thrilled that I carry now from time to time.

But for a woman, I'd think that any guy worth his salt wouldn't be offened at all. With the crap that women have to deal with in this day and age, if they feel the need to carry, more power to them and if your date can't se that, Then you have a desicision to make.

I would think a woman would info a date on the 1st date, period. No problem from me on that.

I really don't see a guy having a big enopugh problem with a woman carrying that he would stop dating her.

May wife beats me at bowling all the time, thats a big enough problem for me!! A gun in her purse, no biggie!
Member of:
2A Foundation, NRA, USCCA, RKBA, OFCC, & SCUM

Chef Dennis
SA XD 9 SC
"Carry On"
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'd just let them find out for themselves. Eventually, as the relationship advances, they're going to find it. "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?" :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
doc832

It has to be approached with care.

Post by doc832 »

On a date last year going to a dinner my date asked if I was carrying something....I wasnt thinking the same as her obviously. She said this is a rough area sometimes and it would be good if you had a knife or a gun...
I laughed and told her i never show up at a knife fight without a gun.
We have been good friends ever since.
You do have to feel people out about stuff like this. If they have never been exposed to firearms or safe handling you should mention it in conversation. Encourage the discussion or even show them in a safe environment. If someone doesnt know you and you tell them you have a gun, they feel like the victim, thats not a good thing.
Lead through education and experiance.
Doc
Defense is a human right and a skill the strong maintain. Strength does not come from muscle or size, its a matter of personality. Every Free man should understand why He is free.