No Posts for a Month

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bearkitty

Re: No Posts for a Month

Post by bearkitty »

I say keep it!

There's a lot of great info here - some of which is already very thorough on the "hot" topics - but women are joining the fold in record numbers.

Let's maintain a safe place for women to come and ask their questions, even if they've already been asked and answered. I do check here every time I log on.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Mustang380gal wrote:I don't think the forum has a limit on the amount of sub-forums it can have. If there is a sub-forum you'd like to see, let someone know, and we'll pass it along. I'd hate to see this one go "just because".
Yup, and we took some advice from someone and just moved the 9.68 as a subforum to a main forum. The requestor of that change also wanted more subforums to break it down between cities, counties, agricultural, etc however that request was deemed as too "busy." So we do take requests and can make any changes after a short debate.

I have no problem with having 300 subforums with 20 subforums in each of those. Whatever keeps it organized but no overly burdensome to moderate (by moving posts around all day long as they fit somewhere else better.)

As for this topic, I like that OFCC has something very few others have. It makes us unique. We are the only Ohio firearms page that I know of with a Women's section and a Classified section wtih firearms.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

I also log in to this forum on an almost daily basis. I've encouraged several of my female friends to join the forum, but I'm not sure if they have. There could be some silent, lurking members reading as well, but may not have knowledge to contribute (one of my main reasons for not responding to a post). Or, they could potentially be intimidated to post because of the ratio of men to women on the forum. Why post if you have nothing meaningful to say and you are afraid you will be chastised for it? Just some of my thoughts on the lack of regular posts here.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

Runner_Girl78 wrote:I also log in to this forum on an almost daily basis. I've encouraged several of my female friends to join the forum, but I'm not sure if they have. There could be some silent, lurking members reading as well, but may not have knowledge to contribute (one of my main reasons for not responding to a post). Or, they could potentially be intimidated to post because of the ratio of men to women on the forum. Why post if you have nothing meaningful to say and you are afraid you will be chastised for it? Just some of my thoughts on the lack of regular posts here.

Be interesting to see what would happen if this forum was limited to posting only by women. Make it read only for men.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Oh, now that's a thought!

I might not have to hear about that stupid bra holster every couple of months.

(I saw one at Kame's in North Canton. I wouldn't trust a 1911 in it, for sure. And how would a woman who is greeted by a huggy woman going to explain the mass near the bra?)
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Mustang380gal wrote:And how would a woman who is greeted by a huggy woman going to explain the mass near the bra?)
"That's my holter monitor..."
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

This is one of the forums I routinely monitor. It is not unusual for rather lengthy periods of time to go by without a fresh post. Likely because of the various reasons posters have already mentioned.

Frankly, I much prefer a valuable forum that is only rarely used over some of the much less useful vanity forums that draw daily shallow comments.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.