Women Friendly Places to shoot?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Oh yea, she knows her stuff I'm not saying she doesn't. I wanna say her name is Stephine for some reason but I don't think that is right.

When I got my CCW training she was one of the three instructors for the range part of it. All three instructors kinda ignored me since I was having no problems but she seemed quite helpful to the people she was working with.

I don't know if she does any sales type of stuff. I think she is part time and just does classes because every time I've seen her she was there to teach a class.

Maybe I'm just lucky but every time i go to shoot there is usually at least 1 group of female shooters there, normally if there is one female there seems to be at least 2 or 3 but that might just be me.

As far as glocks, well I don't wanna go off topic to much. But as long as you use a proper holster with proper retention that covers the trigger guard and you keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot you will be fine. I carry a glock for SD for a couple of reasons. One there are no safety switches or anything to mess with when I am stressed, two it goes bang every time no matter how badly I treat it, and three because of the fairly high capacity mags. I'm not a glock only kinda guy, I love 1911's as well as other types. I just think glocks are great for CCW.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)