Let me extend a warm welcome to all of the women CHL holders

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian_Horton

Let me extend a warm welcome to all of the women CHL holders

Post by Brian_Horton »

I know there are plenty of Ohio ladies out there who CCW. This forum is just for you and we welcome your participation. Women are the fastest growing demographic in firearms ownership, CCW, and hunting and we wanted there to be a special forum just for you so you can talk about the issues and topics that are important to you.

Let's face it, CCW is different for men and women. The clothes, gear, and methods of carry that work best for women are often different from that of men. In this forum you can ask questions and talk about all the women specific stuff without a bunch of know-it-all men spouting off their have-no-clue opinions!

Welcome to ohioccwforums.org!
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Brian I was glad to see you all put in a section for the ladies. I used to work for an outdoors site as an editor there and trying to get the ladies to participate was like pulling teeth, AT FIRST. After a few showed up it turned out very well and even helped develope a support system of ladies for one wife who was in an abusive relationship. They helped her a lot. Hopefully with a little posting here so no one person is the dreaded FIRST the wives and other ladies can have a pretty great place to get together and hash things out. Good luck ladies, I'll get out of you hair now ;-)
Willy P
JJones

Post by JJones »

Psst...

Hey guys why are you posting in the ladies area?
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I'm trying to hospitable and friendly to a very important, but often under acknowledged and appriciated group of individuals in the shooting world.

Plus I'm single . . .

JJones

Post by JJones »

Brian_Horton wrote:Plus I'm single . . .
mmm hmm ....

Boy carries a 10mm and is all timid....

Let me show you how someone who carries a .40 does it...

I'm Single Too

:lol:

Now then back to the subject at hand...

Welcome ladies.
glockess

Post by glockess »

I think it's neat that Brian and Willy are helping in setting up this forum. Don't get on them too hard as these men are jumping in and helping set this up. How many men help set something up for us? I'm glad I found this forum. I actually discovered in while going on Glocktalk.com. It was mentioned as a new forum. Keep up the good work! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carpe Diem
Josie115

men are welcome

Post by Josie115 »

Hey guys..Glockess is right..it was a great addition to the forums to provide women space. Plus, you all have much to add..as far as a "pick up" place... good luck!! Gun talk is always a good opener! :))
Joey
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

The reason I posted was because the site had been up a few days and no one had posted here yet. I was hoping the ball would rolling in here if someone made the first post, kind of like breaking the ice. I'm glad that we now have some people talking in here.

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Welcome

Post by Cruiser »

You are also welcome to read and jumb in on any of the other Forums! As we will also do here if we have useful input to a topic.
Ms357

Re: Let me extend a warm welcome to all of the women CHL hol

Post by Ms357 »

Brian_Horton wrote: In this forum you can ask questions and talk about all the women specific stuff without a bunch of know-it-all men spouting off their have-no-clue opinions!

Welcome to ohioccwforums.org!
Thanks for the thought, but I've only been on here a few days and I've definately seen more posts from men than women on here. Guess men just can't let us do anything for ourselves... :wink:
I can't say much though. If it weren't for my huisband's prodding, and setting up the class, I wouldn't be getting my CCW. Not because I don't want to, just because I was unsure of how, why, or if I needed it.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I get the impression that most of the women here hang out with us dudes!
We don't discriminate. Welcome.
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Thanks for having a spot for us women. My husband posts regularly and it is nice to have somewhere for me to ask questions too!
"Above all things, never be afraid. The enemy who forces you to retreat is himself afraid of you at that very moment. "

Andre Maurois
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

If you do not get response's here, do not hesitate to join "our" (men's?) sections!
DWCol

Post by DWCol »

I wonder if cruiser's wife / SO reads his posts here... :shock:
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

DWCol wrote:I wonder if cruiser's wife / SO reads his posts here... :shock:
I have that same problem with my wife, she can't tell when I am kidding either!
And no I do not LURK in the Women's topics! I click on the "View posts since last visit".