Why I intend to carry a handgun

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Why I intend to carry a handgun

Post by TunnelRat »

The St. Petersburg Times wrote:Why I intend to carry a handgun

by Robbyn Mitchell

The weapon was light in my hands, not at all how I imagined a 9mm Glock would feel.

I had never fired a gun in my life. My instructor put both my hands around the frame and then signaled for me to squeeze the trigger.

Blam.

The bullet pierced my target, an 8.5-by-11-inch sheet of copy paper, near the center.

Then it hit me. This is how it is done. This is how you take a life. My target was fictional, but in my mind he was still a threat. I felt no sadness.
More here...

That's why soon I'll be the first person in my immediate family and circle of friends to get a concealed weapons permit.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Why I intend to carry a handgun

Post by Sneakypete »

Very good article, and couldn't have been at a better time - Thanks, Tunnel Rat :D (I'm trying to convince a friend why she should carry, this will, I hope, help.)
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.