“Don’t Tase Me, Flo!” Why Women Should Have a Taser Party

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Scavok

“Don’t Tase Me, Flo!” Why Women Should Have a Taser Party

Post by Scavok »

“Don’t Tase Me, Flo!” Why All Women Should Have a Taser Party
By Doug Giles
Sunday, January 6, 2008

Notable quotes:
Yep, in the last couple of decades we’ve seen a spike in ladies taking martial arts, buying guns, sending bullets down range, getting concealed weapon permits, and purchasing other idiot immobilizing devices as they send a solid message to the solid waste amongst us: “If you climb in my face, I will drown you in mace, shatter your knees, or double tap your center mass.”
Ladies, make 2008 the year you cease to be a helpless victim. Whether you’re in your car, classroom, store, your own house or in church, you must get packed, stacked and ready to whack because the fools today are bold and multitudinous. Yes you, girlfriend, must help society send a message to these evolutionary holdovers that we will rock them with a club, a kick, a gun (my favorite) or a taser for attempting to do us harm.
It’s time that girls stop relying on anyone else to defend them but themselves.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

This was in the beacon journal, and today there was a reader write in about it.... It said that tasers kill people and that we should ban them.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Timmy44221 wrote:This was in the beacon journal, and today there was a reader write in about it.... It said that tasers kill people and that we should ban them.
Do you have a link? It would be good for a laugh, and cry.
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

jacksnack wrote:
Timmy44221 wrote:This was in the beacon journal, and today there was a reader write in about it.... It said that tasers kill people and that we should ban them.
Do you have a link? It would be good for a laugh, and cry.
Try this. (No Beacon Journal though.) Good laughs at the Springfield News Sun link.
BigV

Post by BigV »

According to Amnesty International, 291 people have been killed by police tasers in the United States since 2001, although the manufacturer denies there is a direct link. Amnesty is concerned that tasers are being used as a routine tool of law enforcement, rather than as a weapon of last resort. It says the vast majority of people killed by tasers were unarmed and posed no danger to police.
Police cannot fight crime at the expense of our human rights or our lives. Tasers should be removed from all police stations in the country.
Jumper cables should be used on cars, not on people.
Link to ABJ from Ohio.com
http://www.ohio.com/editorial/commentary/13297057.html
BigV
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

STUCK ON STUPID!
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

Big V found the one I read.

I do take issue with them, as I have talked to many LEO who say they will use them to force compliance in non violent/agressive persons.

They definatly can be a good tool, but there is alot of room for abuse.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

But not a weapon of last resort, no matter what...that title belongs to the leo's firearm.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
steve b

Post by steve b »

I actually feel sorry for LE.. So many whiny butt foks second guessing their every move, from their armchairs. steve b
steve b