Sweet Wife Comment

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techres

Sweet Wife Comment

Post by techres »

So last night as I am heading off to the shop for some overtime work, my wife says:

"Good night, and don't print!"

I can't tell you how sweet it was. Since I started carrying CCW a year ago, she has come a long way. I remember the look when the first gun came into our married home. I remember her confusion later when I got the Personal Protection Permit. I remember the way she asked a few months after that, "You carry every day?!"

But then I remember the date night when she said, "You are carrying right?"

And the other day when she said, "The park felt like a big soft target".

Don't tell me wives aren't patient, or capable of changing their minds on things. They are more thoughtful than we give them credit for. But even with that they can surprise you, like with the "don't print" comment.

I do love my gal.

Oh, but I do have to add one more comment from her, the one this weekend when she said pointing at my new revolver, "Where did that come from? " and "Just how many guns do we have now darling?!"

I guess her getting involved does have some side effects, like finding the gun purchase you "forgot" to mention.
The last to wake up will be the first to go back to sleep...

NRA Member
Appleseed Rifleman & Instructor
Husband & Father of Three
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I can't get my wife interested. I'd like her to carry - she works across town, and refuses to take "safer" routes....

OTOH, she may indeed stop falling for the "look what I found in the safe" gag.... 8)

Mixed emotions....

I also have to add that I've been carrying for about 40 years, and married for a bit over 30. I came with quite a few guns, and inherited several from a buddy who bought more guns that the two of us could carry. She really doesn't know which ones I already had, which ones I inherited, and what I've bought in the last four year or so.

However, we still have the ancient gunnies prayer: "When I die, may the wife NOT sell these for what I told her I paid for them." :twisted:

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Psouper

Post by Psouper »

Awww - that's sweet.

Kudos to you for fulfilling your vocation of protecting your family.

I've sort of got the opposite situation here. I have my permit, he doesn't. He's a little shaken by my carrying a loaded gun, it makes me feel better. AND I've bought some gun stuff that I'm hiding from him - LOL.

btw, we are blissfully married : )
Proud Army Mom
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

[I can't get my wife interested. I'd like her to carry - she works across town, and refuses to take "safer" routes.... ]
SMM, my wife carries now all the time and she works on mahoning ave down by the cemetary, nice part of town yeah right:. When we first got married she was scared of guns. Taking the ccw class was the best money we spent together, well almost :lol:
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Bersa45:

I can think of a lot of worse places in Youngstown to work.... But you're right.

Sherri started using her cellphone initially because her car died. A passing Boardman PD Lieutenant helped her with a call for a tow truck but then she decided to call me and her mother. (Anybody's guess who she called first.)

I'm hoping the trip point will be a good scare rather than something really dangerous.

The car died, btw, at the donut shop....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

techres,

I know what you mean. My wife has been very supportive as well.

She'll go to the range periodically with me too.

Yesterday, she said she feels "safe" with me around.

I think it was a compliment.
:? :lol:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
techres

Earned it

Post by techres »

Jake wrote:techres,

I know what you mean. My wife has been very supportive as well.

She'll go to the range periodically with me too.

Yesterday, she said she feels "safe" with me around.

I think it was a compliment.
:? :lol:
Given the addage, "Men are scum until proven otherwise" (stated by a father of a teenage daughter), I am guessing that you have earned the "proven otherwise", at least for now...
The last to wake up will be the first to go back to sleep...

NRA Member
Appleseed Rifleman & Instructor
Husband & Father of Three