almost subway encounter

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bigbosky

almost subway encounter

Post by bigbosky »

I was recently in the subway inside walmart in medina. As I am ordering
the guy in front of me is acting like an {inappropriate language} yelling at the girl. something about wasting a piece of bread.
This is going on for a few minutes so I got tired of hearing it. Do I say "hey dude how bout you stop acting like
an {inappropriate language} and just let her make your sandwich" well now his attention is on me.
He is now yelling at me and threatening physical harm on me. I am a big strong dude who wrestles for a living
so I am not worried about a physical altercation. A younger unarmed me would have definately handled this
in the parking lot(Its funny how carrying a weapon forces you to be more responsible). Anyways I just kinda
laughed at him pay for my food and proceded out to my vehicle. This guy follows me out to the parking lot
continuing to yell at me. I load up my groceries get in my car and go. Now admitedly I did not notice this guy
was following me on the road as I live a minute up the street. I am in my driveway unloading groceries and
this guy pulls up blocking my driveway with his window rolled down still yelling at me. Didnt go any further than that.
He drove off and I never saw him again. I dont really know what I would have done if he decided to get out of the car
and come at me. My front door is locked so taking the time to unlock it could put me in more danger. Whatta you guys
think. Looking back it was probably a bad idea to insert myself into the situation in the first place.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: almost subway encounter

Post by Aesinsp »

Since you asked.. Yep, I'd say you let your ego get into the mix with how it was handled.
Its not easy to sit/stand by while someone is getting what seems like an unnecessary/uncalled for tongue lashing.

Certainly glad for you things didn't turn south during any of the exchange.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

No, you did fine. We need to be more outspoken when we see a situation like this. Who knows how long or how far would he have taken this if you didn't say something. The a few things I might have done different is I would have stayed in the store and see if I could get a manager to call the police for being threatened. Waited for the police to come and let them handle him. The second thing is if I did leave I wouldn't let him out of my sight until he got in his car and left the parking lot.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

OMG!! meatball sammich rage :shock: !

Ok, very, vvvvvery easy to armchair QB these things. However, the 1st thing I thought was ''disturbing the peace.'' Does that (potential) charge apply to inside a store? Someone being a butt, on & on, affecting others surrounding them in relatively close quarters.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Check your ego - define who and what you're willing to go to jail for life, or die for, and that's when you should be inserting yourself into situations.

You're only seeing how things can go well, not how they can go horribly wrong. A small skinny dude with a shank who is willing to kill to keep face is an absolutely terrifying, and real, thing.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

He sounded like a bully who was getting more and more worked up at a minimum wage helpless girl who isn't paid to put up with harassment. Absent a manager or police officer, you did the right thing to say something, but word your objection carefully. Instead of insulting him which he deserved and lets the truth get into his head, he'll then take his rage to you and now you're on the defense. That's better than the young lady, but it's your wallet and freedom on the line now.

Before you say anything to a jerk, think about your next move or phrase depending on what he does. He'll keep being a jerk no matter what.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

DOA33 wrote:No, you did fine. We need to be more outspoken when we see a situation like this. Who knows how long or how far would he have taken this if you didn't say something. The a few things I might have done different is I would have stayed in the store and see if I could get a manager to call the police for being threatened. Waited for the police to come and let them handle him. The second thing is if I did leave I wouldn't let him out of my sight until he got in his car and left the parking lot.
My military intelligence training many years ago made me become aware if someone appeared to be following me, either on foot or in a vehicle. If I feel another vehicle might be following me, the last place I go is home and I usually prefer to drive to the nearest police station and pull into the parking lot. There have been a couple of times that I was sure someone was following, based on things that had happened earlier and on them staying behind me when I turned off on side streets and made various turns, and that always ended it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

schmieg wrote:
DOA33 wrote:No, you did fine. We need to be more outspoken when we see a situation like this. Who knows how long or how far would he have taken this if you didn't say something. The a few things I might have done different is I would have stayed in the store and see if I could get a manager to call the police for being threatened. Waited for the police to come and let them handle him. The second thing is if I did leave I wouldn't let him out of my sight until he got in his car and left the parking lot.
My military intelligence training many years ago made me become aware if someone appeared to be following me, either on foot or in a vehicle. If I feel another vehicle might be following me, the last place I go is home and I usually prefer to drive to the nearest police station and pull into the parking lot. There have been a couple of times that I was sure someone was following, based on things that had happened earlier and on them staying behind me when I turned off on side streets and made various turns, and that always ended it.

Bingo. Never show someone who wishes harm, or who you don't know, where you base your life from.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction