Positive encounter with OSP

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Hank629

Positive encounter with OSP

Post by Hank629 »

I recently had a minor fender bender outside of Zanesville. OSP was called and upon arrival I informed the trooper that I had a CHL and that I was armed. When I asked how should I proceed, his response was "I'll make a deal with you. If you don't pull yours, I wont pull mine." We both had a chuckle, completed the accident report and everyone went along their happy way. Just though I would share a positive interaction.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Positive encounter with OSP

Post by Aesinsp »

Glad you shared.
Hello and welcome - I see that was your 1st post.
Carry-on.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
docachna

Post by docachna »

Hank629 wrote:I recently had a minor fender bender outside of Zanesville. OSP was called and upon arrival I informed the trooper that I had a CHL and that I was armed. When I asked how should I proceed, his response was "I'll make a deal with you. If you don't pull yours, I wont pull mine." We both had a chuckle, completed the accident report and everyone went along their happy way. Just though I would share a positive interaction.
On the few occasions I've had to notify, I usually use something like, "I'm REQUIRED to notify you that I have a concealed carry license, and I am armed." I've never had someone respond with much more than a shrug and a "that's fine". Sort of reduces the possible inference of paranoia that might be conveyed by "How do you want me to proceed?".

But - whatever works.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

OSP has always been very professional and cool with concealed carry. My three times in the last two years have been a non event. The way it should be.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bersa45 wrote:OSP has always been very professional and cool with concealed carry. My three times in the last two years have been a non event. The way it should be.
I assume by "always" you meant "for some years now". Believe me, OSHP vigorously opposed concealed carry and weren't overjoyed when it became law.

I'm not taking a swipe at you here, sorry if it comes off that way.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.