Car wreck incident

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

standerson

Car wreck incident

Post by standerson »

I've taken many firearm classes and last summer, I took a grappling, or ground fighting, class.

My wife and I were in downtown Dayton and an uninsured driver hit us at about 40 mph.

We got out, looked at the damage and I went back to our car to call the police. One of the guys came up behind me and grabbed my shoulder. I got him off me and put him on the ground.

I started to draw my firearm, he yelled in Spanish "Don't shoot me" and ran away. The other guy tried to follow but we convinced him that wasn't a good idea.

Dayton P.D. showed up and I immediately told them what had happened. No problems at all.
Brian D.

Re: Car wreck incident

Post by Brian D. »

WOW! Glad you're more or less okay. The guy who assaulted you really needs to learn more English, I for one don't know that phrase in Spanish. Just a few requests/orders. One of the latter is "Manos arriba!"
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

If you feel like posting follow ups, I'd be interested in the details. Like, who actually owns the car? Was the driver licensed? Were the occupants even supposed to be in the U.S.?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
docachna

Post by docachna »

I recommend never to exit the vehicle if it is struck. That is a classic way to start a carjacking or mugging. Lock the doors, call 911, and if the other guy approaches your door, tell him the police are already on the way!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE