Call From ATF Agent

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MikeB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Call From ATF Agent

Post by MikeB »

I gave a Rossi 357 Magnum revolver to my brother-in-law way back when. It was stolen from his house and subsequently used in a shootout with a sheriffs deputy a short time later. The criminal lost the battle, ie his life. I was eventually contacted by the detective handling the case asking about returning the weapon to me. After the court cases were settled, I picked it up and returned it to my BIL. At no time was I suspected of a crime. This was California no less..

LE are not the boogeyman, they are just trying to put together pieces of a really complex puzzle.

It was a bit awkward to go to a sheriffs office to pick up a firearm, in a discreate cardboard box, with a ziptie on it, in California.

I would imagine normally they would have destroyed it, but since it had not been fired...No idea.. Damn I miss that Rossi..
"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."