Carry Insurance-what's your experience

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Carry Insurance-what's your experience

Post by catfish86 »

I have a negative experience that taught me a lot of lessons, this being one of them...

It doesn't always happen like the NRA armed citizen columns where you use a gun to defend yourself and the cops see it for what it is and don't charge you...

I had a guy go nuts on I77 when I passed him on the right...I was in fear for my life and showed him my gun...long story short it was in Summit and they arrested the guy with the gun. It cost me about $13,000 and I had to run through three lawyers, none of whom really cared. All three were gun haters. I ended up taking a year's probation and if I weren't a trained paralegal would have fallen for a number of false arguments/deceptive plea offers and lost my rights.

I now have CCW Safe and a hotline number if there is another incident. They have a vetted list of attorneys whom they will contact, they will bail me out and will pay for investigators and experts as needed. Cost to me is $130 a year. I know there are others out there so feel free to share.

Anybody had to use this service?
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.