Does Alcohol and firearms mix?

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jude3

Does Alcohol and firearms mix?

Post by Jude3 »

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/s ... titutional" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does alcohol and firearms mix? We should have a well disciplined militia. ALCOHOL AND FIREARMS DON’T MIX!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Does Alcohol and firearms mix?

Post by Javelin Man »

Isn't there a bureau that mixes Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Does that mean I can't have a beer while cleaning my guns! :(
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And explosives. :wink:
Javelin Man wrote:Isn't there a bureau that mixes Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms?
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Cruiser wrote:Does that mean I can't have a beer while cleaning my guns! :(
No, but you can't "use or carry" your guns while under the influence. If you don't do stupid things you won't have to pay the stupid tax like this guy.

The guy in this piece was staggering drunk and started messing with his loaded shotgun, to the point his wife was concerned so she called the cops. After cops arrive, she lets them in, and he comes into the room where the police are, carrying the (now unloaded) shotgun. Frankly, he's probably lucky he's alive.

The Ohio law against using or carrying while under the influence does not have an exception for being in your own home, which is essentially the basis for the suit.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

JustaShooter wrote:
Cruiser wrote:Does that mean I can't have a beer while cleaning my guns! :(
No, but you can't "use or carry" your guns while under the influence. If you don't do stupid things you won't have to pay the stupid tax like this guy.

The guy in this piece was staggering drunk and started messing with his loaded shotgun, to the point his wife was concerned so she called the cops. After cops arrive, she lets them in, and he comes into the room where the police are, carrying the (now unloaded) shotgun. Frankly, he's probably lucky he's alive.

The Ohio law against using or carrying while under the influence does not have an exception for being in your own home, which is essentially the basis for the suit.
Do you know the most common firearms violation I see among concealed handgun licensees?

They drive somewhere, lawfully carrying a loaded handgun. Then they have some drinks. Then they get pulled over for OVI on the way home. The officer finds the loaded handgun in the vehicle. Instant felony.

I don't mind if people want to drink. Stupidity annoys me.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Werz wrote:Do you know the most common firearms violation I see among concealed handgun licensees?

They drive somewhere, lawfully carrying a loaded handgun. Then they have some drinks. Then they get pulled over for OVI on the way home. The officer finds the loaded handgun in the vehicle. Instant felony.

I don't mind if people want to drink. Stupidity annoys me.
This does not surprise me.

What I have been told is if you failed to leave the firearm at home before having a drink or several, that if you unload and store the firearm as if you didn't have a CHL that you would be OK (other than the OVI of course). Would you agree?
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
marca

Post by marca »

Call me a nutcase, but I figure if the guy was in his own home and not causing trouble, the cops should have left him alone. If he was out in public, that would be different. Before you know it cops will be arresting people for not brushing their teeth or eating their vegetables. I figure he should have the right to be foolish in his own home.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

marca wrote:Call me a nutcase, but I figure if the guy was in his own home and not causing trouble, the cops should have left him alone. If he was out in public, that would be different. Before you know it cops will be arresting people for not brushing their teeth or eating their vegetables. I figure he should have the right to be foolish in his own home.
Were it not for him causing his wife sufficient concern that she called the police, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. As it is, I lean toward your line of thinking, but if the police had let him "be foolish in his own home" and he ended up shooting his wife, then we've gone beyond being foolish and many would question why the police had not done something to prevent the tragedy.
NRA Life Member