Encounter with a STUPID CH licensee.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Encounter with a STUPID CH licensee.

Post by Brian D. »

Today found me at the cigar store downtown. A sixty something customer at the counter reached in his front pocket for cash...which he carries in the same pocket as has handgun. So of course he removed the little blaster and placed it on the counter, muzzling the clerk's midsection. He made his purchase and returned the gun to his pocket.

Casually as possible, I engaged him in conversation about all that, after a hello and handshake. I won't go into the details, it's just frustrating as all get out to think of him as "one of us".

He's an unteachable idiot. Hopefully if (when) the negligent discharge occurs, it will be into his own leg rather than someone else's torso.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Re: Encounter with a STUPID CH licensee.

Post by Brian D. »

And before anyone asks, hell no, he didn't have that cheap little gun in a pocket liner rig.

********************************************************************************
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

That is all bad. Brandishing, muzzling, no holster, multiple items in the pocket...laws broken and no common sense.

Luckily for those around him, the trigger is usually inadvertently pulled when someone like that is digging around in the pocket or trying to pull it out, and the other items get caught in the trigger. Kind of bright spot in a sad story.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

PS Maybe we are lucky he is one of those than carries with an empty chamber? Two wrongs do make right in that case.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Mr. Glock wrote:PS Maybe we are lucky he is one of those than carries with an empty chamber? Two wrongs do make right in that case.

We could be that lucky. Thought about asking him that but figured he'd fish out the gun to show me yea or nay, rather than just verbally respond.

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Mr. Stupid is lucky the clerk behind the counter didn't pull out a gun and shoot his butt.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

qmti wrote:Mr. Stupid is lucky the clerk behind the counter didn't pull out a gun and shoot his butt.
I talked to the employee later. He knows this customer and has seen that act before, apparently. Mr. Stupid is a cabbie/Uber driver, so I understand why he carries. I just virulently disagree with HOW he carries.

Yeah, I realize that Uber would fire the dude, if they knew. Maybe the taxi company too.

Lot of stupidity at play here. Like watching a Democrat POTUS candidates debate, sorta.

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I hate stupid old people...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I hate stupid old people...
.........in the left lane.
Denly00

Post by Denly00 »

I conversed with the worker later. He knows this client and has seen that demonstration previously, clearly. Mr. Idiotic is a cabbie/Uber driver, so I comprehend why he conveys. I just destructively can't help contradicting HOW he conveys.
heathen

Post by heathen »

Carrying without a holster used to be common before CCL was passed. Saw many of the old guys at work with a .38 stuck in their front pants pocket. That was back in the late 70s, early 80s mostly.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

I fear an inept CHL'er more than a random act of violence these days. Gun shops patrons and public ranges are more sketchy than ever. Well, since 1987 for me.