My Carry didn't fire...

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jeep45238

Re: My Carry didn't fire...

Post by jeep45238 »

weakhand luke wrote:...with an empty chamber.
I know. I'm asking why.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Why? I'd feel really silly carrying con 4. My 1903 doesn't have a drop safety. I'm on a fixed income and can't afford the lawyers to defend even a good shoot. (I'm worth more dead than alive).

Then there's this...
jeep45238 wrote:

"And no, I don't own a Glock. Won't even think about it until they get a manually activated safety either." This is from a very young Mr. Mike that few of us knew.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

weakhand luke wrote:Why? I'd feel really silly carrying con 4. My 1903 doesn't have a drop safety. I'm on a fixed income and can't afford the lawyers to defend even a good shoot. (I'm worth more dead than alive).

Then there's this...
jeep45238 wrote:

"And no, I don't own a Glock. Won't even think about it until they get a manually activated safety either." This is from a very young Mr. Mike that few of us knew.
The 1903 part is a huge bit of context that I didn't know about, thanks for letting me know :-)
All I was asking is why condition 3 vs 1 (or 2 if applicable), I was actually curious, given that life has taught me a few things and that maybe there's something else out there that I'm missing.

And you're right, I did say some pretty silly things when I was young, full of {inappropriate language} and vinegar, and frankly a big jerk about a lot of things. I've learned from various things in life and have changed viewpoints based upon false information I believed in at the time and grew as a person, which I hope pretty much everybody is capable of doing. The searchable post history puts that quote 13 years ago when I was 22 years old.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

So there might be a chance for a Glock in the future ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:So there might be a chance for a Glock in the future ?
I've had a couple, moved the most recent one because I'd be a fool to not to profit on it while I wait for my blue label replacement to come in. My primary pistol is a HK VP9, which operates on the same general principles and interactions with the hand.

-Important distinction
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

I just got a Shield from a friend of mine and it has a safety. I hate safeties! I carry a 442 S&W Airweight right now so before I carry the Sheild I may have to practice drawing it and make sure I do NOT put the safety on or accidentally put it on.

I wonder if I can disconnect it?? Anyone?
God made man, Colt made them equal
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

AzRanger wrote:I just got a Shield from a friend of mine and it has a safety. I hate safeties! I carry a 442 S&W Airweight right now so before I carry the Sheild I may have to practice drawing it and make sure I do NOT put the safety on or accidentally put it on.

I wonder if I can disconnect it?? Anyone?

Sell it and buy a shield that is a factory model that doesn't come with a safety. This is an option for the standard shield and shield ez, the shield plus does not have that option.

The location, size, and ergonomics of it make it a massive pain in the butt to disengage, and should be replaced with one similar to the shield ez.

Again, if your gun has a safety, and you are banking on carrying it with the safety off (for models that are available with or without them), you are liable to wind up in the exact situation of this thread. Practice it to proficiency, or sell it and buy one without it.

-Important distinction
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I carry a Shield in .40. I obtained a similar size airsoft gun with a similar safety. I practice drawing every day while disengaging the safety. Drilled in, thumb flips down while drawing. Regardless of your carry you should SAFELY practice drawing and handling the firearm.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.