Ohio Highway Patrol- good encounter

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wobblygoblin

Ohio Highway Patrol- good encounter

Post by wobblygoblin »

Wife and I were driving back from Uhrichsville last Sunday and I guess I didn't slow down for the reduced speed ahead fast enough. Lights come on. I pull over and my wife gets to see the "I need to inform you sir I have a concealed handgun license and am currently armed". The officer was nice and professional. Still got my ticket though. :(
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
fyrfytr310

Re: Ohio Highway Patrol- good encounter

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Yeah.... OSHP would ticket their own grandmother :lol:

I had a trooper explain it to me like this: "Your actions caused me to enforce a law that put me on the highway, outside of my vehicle, in traffic. That comes with a cost no matter the circumstances..."
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

I would have said "you're the person that made the career choice that finds you standing outside your car on the highway wearing a funny looking hat", but I probably get a beating.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

My wife got stopped a number of years ago on the way to Columbus for a nursing meeting. It was set up to stop every car they could. She was just keeping up with traffic. At the time, she was driving our 1986 4Runner SR5 which was black with grey stripes, fog lamps and off-road tires. The trooper was surprised that a 39 year old woman was driving it, saying that he thought it would be a kid. They had stopped about fifteen vehicles in a long line of vehicles on the road. The trooper then found out she was a nurse on a way to a meeting. He apologized, but said he had to issue a ticket because his supervisor was demanding that every car stopped be ticketed. She was given a ticket for doing 60 in a 55 zone. Mickey Mouse is alive and well in the OSHP.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

schmieg wrote:My wife got stopped a number of years ago on the way to Columbus for a nursing meeting. It was set up to stop every car they could. She was just keeping up with traffic. At the time, she was driving our 1986 4Runner SR5 which was black with grey stripes, fog lamps and off-road tires. The trooper was surprised that a 39 year old woman was driving it, saying that he thought it would be a kid. They had stopped about fifteen vehicles in a long line of vehicles on the road. The trooper then found out she was a nurse on a way to a meeting. He apologized, but said he had to issue a ticket because his supervisor was demanding that every car stopped be ticketed. She was given a ticket for doing 60 in a 55 zone. Mickey Mouse is alive and well in the OSHP.

As I have posted before, LEO tend to not issue tickets to doctors/nurses if they can, said my wife who was a nurse. Reason: if the LEO ends up in the emergency room do they really want a doctor/nurse who they just gave a ticket to taking care of them?
docachna

Post by docachna »

qmti wrote:

As I have posted before, LEO tend to not issue tickets to doctors/nurses if they can, said my wife who was a nurse. Reason: if the LEO ends up in the emergency room do they really want a doctor/nurse who they just gave a ticket to taking care of them?
Or as Ronnie Reagan remarked when they wheeled him into surgery after getting shot by John Hinckley, "Please tell me you are all Republicans."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE