Lake County sherrif

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

David

Lake County sherrif

Post by David »

My wife was pulled over driving my car last week. She was going 78 in a 60 in Perry. Deputy came up to three passenger side and asked my wife ID. She handed it over and walked back to his car for just a few seconds. He walked back up and asked who is through firefighter? She stated my husband and asked who the car is registered to, she again answered my husband. He handed her ID back and told her to thank me for getting her out of a ticket. Advised her to slow down and went on his way. He never questioned the CHL hit on my tag.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Lake County sherrif

Post by CroManGun »

I had an ex-girlfriend who drove like that with my car; that's why she's an ex. :wink:
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Lake County sherrif

Post by WayneB »

David wrote:My wife was pulled over driving my car last week. She was going 78 in a 60 in Perry. Deputy came up to three passenger side and asked my wife ID. She handed it over and walked back to his car for just a few seconds. He walked back up and asked who is through firefighter? She stated my husband and asked who the car is registered to, she again answered my husband. He handed her ID back and told her to thank me for getting her out of a ticket. Advised her to slow down and went on his way. He never questioned the CHL hit on my tag.
Officer discretion n all that. I know a firefighter that was pulled over and given a ticket for not "slowing up" (stopping) enough at a yield - even though nothing was coming. He asked for any professional courtesy (since a black mark on a driving record could be a hindrance to driving squads, etc.) and was told that if that was what he was concerned about he should "obey the law".

(I've never had to stop at a yield when nothing was coming -- or the other car was clearly far enough away.........) -- sometimes, a ticket is going to be written. It's just a matter of who's next.