Pickaway County Game Warden A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DavidHoffner

Pickaway County Game Warden A+

Post by DavidHoffner »

My younger brother and I do quite a lot of fishing in Pickaway county since we live fairly close. We tend to fish the same few usual spots on the river and have come across the Pickaway County Game Warden a few times(he knows us by face and nearly name now). The last encounter was roughly a month ago, he stopped us to ask for a fishing license as we were walking back to our truck to head home for the day. I immediately notified him of my concealed firearm and produced a driving, fishing, and CHL license. He was very professional and polite and completely agreed with the right to carry firearms.

A+ To the young man for being as polite and accepting as he was.
-David
glocksmith

Re: Pickaway County Game Warden A+

Post by glocksmith »

DavidHoffner wrote:We tend to fish the same few usual spots on the river and have come across the Pickaway County Game Warden a few times(he knows us by face and nearly name now).
Funny how, even though he knows you, he still checks your license each time.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
DavidHoffner

Post by DavidHoffner »

At first I thought the same thing but I realize that he is only doing his job, if someone were to be watching he cannot be seen showing favoritism towards individuals.
-David
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

This is a very good report for the Pickaway County Game Warden as compared to the current Pike County Game Warden. The individual who was my CHL Instructor is the lead investigator for the Pike County Prosecuting Attorney. He reported that the Pike County Game Warden, (a younger man) actually filed a case with the prosecuting attorney's office on some 85 year old man who had shot several racoons in his back yard who were a nuisance and getting under his back porch.......... :cry:
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."