acting violent and threats

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tempest580

acting violent and threats

Post by tempest580 »

yesterday me and a couple of friends were shopping at wallmart we got what we needed and left while walking to my friends car a van cuts in front of us to pull into a space and gives us a dirty look as we walk around his van, about half way to the car i tuck my {inappropriate language} behind my gun to stop it from rubbing my side ( i have a ccw ) the driver of the van gets out and starts yelling about how i threatened him with my gun and how he is a veteran and served in iraq. i told him i made no threats to him and he kept yelling and acting aggressive i just walked away and told him to {inappropriate language} off, he told my friend that he needs to get a hold of me because he was gonna kick my butt or something. would love to hear your guys thoughts on this.
BobK

Re: acting violent and threats

Post by BobK »

So much for avoiding confrontation.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Just curious as to the general location that this happened.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

pirateguy191 wrote:Just curious as to the general location that this happened.
You drive a van? :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Welcome to the forum!

Some people look for threats and anything like it so it might've been better to wait five seconds to tuck your t-shirt behind your gun (I've done that many times to avoid sweat on my gun). Also, you may have some quick responses but nearly all will result in the guy getting angrier, whether you ticked him off or you add fuel to the fire which may tick him off even more. Better to just tell him thank you for your service and keep walking. Yes, he's going to have the superiority complex, butr that beats him spinning a yarn about you waving your gun and threatening him.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

roughsawn wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:Just curious as to the general location that this happened.
You drive a van? :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:
8)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Sticks and stones.....shut your mouth, get into your car or van and hit the road...

Welcome to OFCC..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

And stay out of the left lane! :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I believe I would have politely apologized and, while apologizing, referred to the other person as “Sir” no matter who was at fault.

When one is armed, every confrontation is an armed confrontation.

An apology, proffered in a sincere manner, even if insincere, costs one nothing. Using the honorific “Sir” in a pleasant tone, again simply costs one nothing. If these tactics defuse the situation, fine. If not, one has a better claim to the coveted “victim status” if the situation goes sideways.

The above isn't criticism, it's advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I would not say a word,nothing..ignor and leave the area....

You have to remember....these are WallMart shoppers.... :D :lol: :wink:
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

Tweed Ring wrote:I believe I would have politely apologized and, while apologizing, referred to the other person as “Sir” no matter who was at fault.

An apology, proffered in a sincere manner, even if insincere, costs one nothing. Using the honorific “Sir” in a pleasant tone, again simply costs one nothing. If these tactics defuse the situation, fine. If not, one has a better claim to the coveted “victim status” if the situation goes sideways.

That's some great advice there Tweed !!!!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Thank you.

I used to train LEO's. Used to ask the group if anyone had ever been in an armed confrontation? Usually, a few officers would raise their hands. Then I would ask if anyone ever had to close and grapple to make an arrest? All hands would go up. Then I would ask what they did to prevent the subject from grabbing their firearm? The following discussion would wrap around maintaining control of the firearm, becasue in any LEO driven confrontation, at least one of the participants are ALWAYS armed, i.e. the LEO.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

rouger10 wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:I believe I would have politely apologized and, while apologizing, referred to the other person as “Sir” no matter who was at fault.

That's some great advice there Tweed !!!!
^ Agreed.

Those words of wisdom from TR should be framed for all in this community to appreciate, and I mean that most sincerely.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You guys sound like a bunch of libtards....I'm not apologizing for someone else's BS... Anything you say can be mistaken in a negative way......act weak and see how far it gets you......

Sorry TR, I think your advice is well intended but I think it is weak at best....IMO

Get in your car and leave....
Last edited by carmen fovozzo on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Couple of years back, returning from a lawyer’s office (had taken one of my former e/e’s there as she was having a work related problem) I was involved in a road rage situation. My friend and I were planning strategy while I was taking her to her house. I am sure my inattention to my driving caused me to cut off another driver; I did something stupid.

When we stopped for an intersection, he was out of his vehicle, and in my face. The man cursed me, he threatened me, and he told my friend she was stupid to be in a car with me. I apologized, I was polite, I called him “Sir” no matter what he called me, and I agreed with everything he said to and about me in a pleasant, reassuring tone. Finally, he gave up, and reentered his vehicle. He did follow us, but his beater truck was no match for the Black Cherry.

The only self-defense action I took was as follows: When he exited his vehicle, I surreptitiously palmed my Spyderco EDC knife from my pocket and clipped it to my shirt. Neither he nor my friend saw this act. I figured he might try to break out my window, and I wanted to have something sharp and pointy with which he might have to contend.

I am a huge believer in non-confrontation and in de-escalation in these situations. I know a few guys who did time because they killed an opponent in a fight. It’s just not worth it.