What is sufficient for carry?

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Carrying a _________ for self defense is ok for EVERYDAY carry. I'd do it myself.

Handgun. Handguns are sufficient for my EVERYDAY carry.
90%
Submachine Gun or Long gun (Rifle, Shotgun, submachine gun, etc).
1%
Handgun and Long Gun/Submachine Gun.
9%

Total votes: 119

soldier24

Re: What is sufficient for carry?

Post by soldier24 »

I picked handgun, but I wish I could carry an AR around all day, I feel more comfortable with one how it feels for me . But I open carry my handgun 90% of the time. I'll only CC it if I'm going somewhere I know it might be an issue.
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5446275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the list continues. These idiots are indirectly attacking the 2nd! Maybe they are being paid by Bloomberg and the Brady Campaign,covertly!
Joe, an American
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & CCW Instructor

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Glock513 wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5446275

And the list continues. These idiots are indirectly attacking the 2nd! Maybe they are being paid by Bloomberg and the Brady Campaign,covertly!
I hope NRA or SAF has somebody seriously investigating that very possibility. Of course if they do we wouldn't hear a thing about it until they have the proverbial smoking gun, as it should be.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Glock513 wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5446275

I hope NRA or SAF has somebody seriously investigating that very possibility. Of course if they do we wouldn't hear a thing about it until they have the proverbial smoking gun, as it should be.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

On Memorial Day, men from Open Carry Texas and Open Carry Tarrant County harassed a former Marine marksman when he questioned their decision to tote firearms around in broad daylight. The groups also harassed women with vicious rape threats and by spitting at them, Mother Jones reported.
True or not, it gets press. Statements like these are not much help. Is Texas likely to finally get the message of the harm they are causing?
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

They should force/limit these idiots to carry 22lr pistols only, 36gr! Lol. Nobody else, just their group.
Joe, an American

"In times of peace I pray to God for peace. In times of war I pray to God for victory."
Glock513

Post by Glock513 »

Man, I swear, every week it seems like another business is added to the list who want to prohibit OC, all due to this tiny insane group in Texas. :x These dudes are a like a cancer, slowly spreading. The news showed one the dude's in a restaraunt in TX holding a 12 gauge pump IN HIS HANDS, smiling. :roll: . Seriously man, what are you going to do, go skeet shooting inside of Chipotle, or get into a gun fight with the Taliban inside of Target! :lol: I swear I think these guys were paid by Bloomberg and friends. :idea:
Joe, an American

soldier24

Post by soldier24 »

My EDC ... even if it's just to Kroger for bread and milk.

just kidding... don't hate or troll on me lol. ( now if I was in Chicago , it may happen lol)
Army * Infantry
Iraq 2006-2007
--------------------------
XD-s .45
CZ 75 P-07 -carry gun
XD .45
Kel tec pf9
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Your just kidding EDC looks like it could provide a good base of fire for a maneuver of an infantry company. :shock: