Has the procedure to notify change

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MuzzleReport

Re: Has the procedure to notify change

Post by MuzzleReport »

I believe I've been pulled over by the same female trooper in the Circleville area. I didn't have my CHL yet at the time.

As she passed me going the opposite direction she thought I didn't have my seat belt on. (Big guy, little car, shirt and seat belt same color).

When she managed to turn around and get back behind me to pull me over a couple miles later her first words were in a very irritated tone "Have you had your seat belt on like that the whole time?!" To which I replied honestly that Yes I was wearing my seatbelt and I always do.

License, registration, proof of insurance.

tick tock

"Well sir the reason I pulled you over is you were speeding. I'm going to let you off with a warning this time. The speed limit here is 55 and that's an absolute, 57 is exceeding that. If I catch you again I'll write you a ticket."

starts to walk away, turn around

"You need to remove that GPS from your windshield it's obstructing your view!" (In reference to my cell phone holder which is suction cupped to the bottom on the windshield and would only obstruct my view if I was 4'1")

She seemed very angry that her Click-it or Ticket numbers didn't go up and was just looking to make me do anything to comply after that.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

This trooper sounds like she really needs some in depth training. Not going to happen if the problem starts with the top brass.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

evilspringer wrote:She returns after about 10 minutes and gives me the citation and tells me that she is just going to give me a verbal warning about the failure to notify
IMHO the answer is right there. She didn't initially know the fine points of notifying. It really sounds to me like she may have spoken to a supervisor - who may have advised her to proceed no further - after she went back to write the citations. That's why the about face with the failure to inform. Sounds to me like she used the "verbal warning" as a way out of the situation.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Werz wrote:
I read forum postings about this stuff, and there seems to be a heavy concentration of these incidents amongst the Ohio State Highway Patrol. It is becoming common enough amongst that agency that I question whether it is an issue of individual officers. I have heard it cynically stated that OSP doesn't enforce law; they execute policy.

Since work has caused me to do more varied traveling across the state recently, I've noticed more troopers hiding behind parapet walls on overpass bridges where only the top foot of the cruiser is visible. My former car pool buddy has had at least 3 seat belt tickets over the years(he almost never wears them). All by troopers and never sited for the original reason for being pulled over. Always some lame reason like "swerving in a lane, slightly speeding", and always during daylight. Of course, bright yellow/green shirts make the lack of a seat belt more obvious.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

they do sell these...Image
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

evan price wrote:they do sell these...Image
Uh-Oh! This'll catapult those "Brandishing A False Seatbelt" charges into the stratosphere! Might even generate a "shoot on sight" policy by the OSP! :shock:
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

How were the OFCC citizen lobbyists advised, regarding their attire, prior to their recent Ohio State Senate lobbying day?
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

I am pretty sure I know who this Highway Patrolman is now. I have witnessed her here in Pike County on US23 and St. Rt. 104 a few times. Constantly has the petal to the medal. Eyes peeled for this one.
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tweed Ring wrote:How were the OFCC citizen lobbyists advised, regarding their attire, prior to their recent Ohio State Senate lobbying day?
I don't recall the exact advice but along the lines of business casual or nicer. Although if we'd brought enough bundles of green tribute paper along we could have worn shop rags and been just as well received, maybe better.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.