Flat Tire Miamisburg,Oh

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

zurfaces

Flat Tire Miamisburg,Oh

Post by zurfaces »

I had a wonderful experience! My first ever LEO encounter and I was dreading it but this experience was great!

I got a flat tire and my lug nuts stripped. Hooray! Well as I was sitting there waiting on my fiance to come back from harbor freight with something to remove this lug nut. I was gazing out the window and I saw an suv pull up in the turn lane two lanes over and a man got out. I checked my rearview and their was a police car w/o his lights on sitting behind me. The man walked back to the cop car the LEO office got out and was talking to him while standing in front of the cop car this went on for what seemed like 5 mins although it was probably only 30 seconds. The cop started walking towards my car and I'm shaking like a leaf palms sweating probably pale as a ghost. So he stopped right at my rear talking to that guy again and I just went ahead and interrupted because I was worried lol. So I do the speach and around the part where I say I am armed he was like yea I already ran you it's fine. And I literally said oh thank god. He asked about the tow and all that then said he was going to sit behind me of I needed anything just let him know.

My fiance arrived and got in my car after failed attempt at removing lug nut. LEO approached again this time passenger side. Fiance announced he was armed and he was like no big deal you two are law abiding citizens don't worry about it.

He was officially the nicest LEO I have ever met. Really friendly guy. If I could tip him I would have. He waited behind me for close to 2 hrs while I fought with allstate about my tow.

I hope every encounter is this nice but I doubt it.
Tweed Ring

Re: Flat Tire Miamisburg,Oh

Post by Tweed Ring »

One could send a nice note to his chief.
zurfaces

Post by zurfaces »

Tweed Ring wrote:One could send a nice note to his chief.
Just got home and was thinking about that. Might make him a card and send it in. I made sure to check his name. Just thanking him for his kindness and professionalism.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what that whole deal with the man in the suv that pulled up a lane over from me that got out and was talking with the LEO.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Tweed Ring wrote:One could send a nice note to his chief.
The Chief might just appreciate that jester too, I'm sure they don't get a lot of that, you know nice words about a officer.

I Bi!!CH when their wrong, have to say something when they do good for us.

Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member
zurfaces

Post by zurfaces »

I have made a short but sweet thank you note/card for him via photoshop. I think through a search of his name that he is potentially a firearms trainer for the police dept. but I could be wrong.

Also I wrote a nice professional letter to the police chief of Miamisburg praising him.
I of course thanked both of them for their service. Stamped signed and in the mail box. I was thinking when he first came up and spoke to me that I should ask for a comment card (we have comment cards at work). I do not know why I did not think of just writing a letter
mreising

Post by mreising »

I'm glad your encounter went well, at least as well as could be expected considering you had a flat and wheel problems.

Welcome to the forums, please consider adding your general location to your profile as it sometimes helps when you are looking for answers to specific questions.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

Welcome and glad to hear about your friendly encounter. Not sure what the deal was with the SUV either. As others have said, I would send a nice thank you note.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

zurfaces wrote:I'm sitting here trying to figure out what that whole deal with the man in the suv that pulled up a lane over from me that got out and was talking with the LEO.
Unmarked/undercover backup?
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
jc138107

Post by jc138107 »

I have informed Miamisburg PD on 2 occasions. Both times officers were very professional and made similar comments about folks with chl's not being the problem.
Orlando

Post by Orlando »

I dont understand, you want to thank them for doing their job correctly??
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Orlando wrote:I dont understand, you want to thank them for doing their job correctly??

Flys, honey, vinegar, etc....

Perhaps it's because the officer sat there FOR TWO HOURS to help if needed. And yes, thank them for doing their job as to let them know that as a CHL community we appreciate them and hopefully they continue to reciprocate it. :roll:

Eta: I tip servers and tell them thank you at restaurants and such... They are only doing their job as well.
Orlando

Post by Orlando »

If he sat there for two hours he had absolutly nothing else to do and would have left in a heartbeat if he had a emergency call.
I to tip waitresses as thats part of their income
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Orlando wrote:If he sat there for two hours he had absolutly nothing else to do and would have left in a heartbeat if he had a emergency call.....

Well that's true for all possible stops or calls that they are on... If you didn't know. You have to look at it from the point of did he want to sit there for two hours... I am sure he could of found other to do but the fact remains that he CHOSE to stay there. He could have continued to patrol or went and got a coffee but he didn't, he chose to provide a service for a disabled motorist.
Orlando

Post by Orlando »

TJW815 wrote:
Orlando wrote:If he sat there for two hours he had absolutly nothing else to do and would have left in a heartbeat if he had a emergency call.....

Well that's true for all possible stops or calls that they are on... If you didn't know. You have to look at it from the point of did he want to sit there for two hours... I am sure he could of found other to do but the fact remains that he CHOSE to stay there. He could have continued to patrol or went and got a coffee but he didn't, he chose to provide a service for a disabled motorist.
Which is his job.
I'm really not trying to be argumenative, its just that treating CCW holders/citizens with common courtesy and not harassment is how law enforcement are supposed to act. I dont see whay they should get a big "atta boy"
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Nor do I see why anyone should give a tip to any waitstaff. They are not volunteers; they get paid by their employer. Don't tip at McDonalds. Don't tip at the drive through. Don't tip at the dry cleaners...

Clearly that's one view.

Clearly that's one view, a view with which I simply do not disagree.

Now, I tip. I also write a note or call a supervisor when I am appreciative of a good or service. Especially with police. Tends to reinforce good behavior.

But, life is replete with choices...