MVA 12/30

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

captmud

MVA 12/30

Post by captmud »

A wekk ago i was on my way to work in the morning, and lost control on the ice crashing into the bridge several times. When canton pd arrived i got out and informed the Officer that i was licensed and armed. He said ok and that was it. Now when the ambulance arrived and wanted to take me to the hospital , i again stated i had a firearm. the officer said to take it with me and have the hospital security lock it. it remained with me all the way to the hospital until i was put in a room, and i told the nurse to call security. They cleared the weapon and locked it in a gun cabinet. It remained there until i was discharged. i went to security they gave me the key and allowed me to retrieve it. Not a single problem with it. Very good encounter although i dont recommend the course of action it took to get there.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: MVA 12/30

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Very smooth.....but if you don't mind me asking. How do you hit a bridge a couple times ? :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
captmud

Post by captmud »

i fishtailed and played pinball with the concrete walls of the bridge several impacts on both sides
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Good bit of information....not sure the Cleveland Clinic would be quite the same....
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Paul

Post by Paul »

Which hospital, Aultman or Mercy?
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Much better than the reaction of the nurse at Kenwood Jewish Hospital when my daughter was taken there after being thrown by her horse a few years ago. She was carrying her Ka-Bar strapped to her calf. She always carries it when she rides in case she has to cut herself out of the tack in the event of an accident. The nurse wanted to have her arrested for carrying a scary looking knife. The doctor told the nurse to shut up and leave the room, then talked to my daughter about guns and knives while he treated her.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The part of this story that pleases me the most is the apparent non-reaction by the EMS crew. That is far from a given across Ohio.

Since no one in any official capacity would take a little time to do it, I've brought my agency's folks up to speed with regards to our rights/responsibilities/etc. in re securing a firearm, or just leaving it be and pass the info along at the hospital.

The overall mindset I've tried to impart is ''Hey we operate fire trucks and heavy duty rescue/extrication equipment, perform intubation, start IV's, use defibrillators, run all sorts of power tools, etc. in this job we shouldn't get wrapped around the axle about guns. Just another mechanical doodad we can handle if need be''.

Sounds like the ambulance crew in the OP's account has their heads on straight.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Man ! That's a great mind-set for an EMS crew to have in a medical emergency situation.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

captmud wrote:Very good encounter although i dont recommend the course of action it took to get there.
If, by this you mean that you don't recommend that a legally armed man have -ANY- interaction with Canton PD, well, we're with you, man.

Glad you weren't hurt badly and the encounter was painless. (and not Harless)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Paul wrote:Which hospital, Aultman or Mercy?
My wife works at one of these hospitals and that is their MO and they do this a lot more than people would expect which means a lot of people have their CHLs :D
But maybe they do this at both hospitals, which would be good also
Come and get'em