Bowling Green PD A+ >> and first notify!

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

Bowling Green PD A+ >> and first notify!

Post by ArmedAviator »

First notify today!

Wish it was under better circumstances.

I was doing 45, had the green light, and some UT kid heading home decided to take a left turn into the intersection coming from the opposite direction. His car got turned almost 270 degrees in the impact. Mine continued straight for a little bit. I knew the impact was inevitable once he started turning, so I aimed for his rear quarter panel under hard braking (rear wheels locked up).

Police took about 15 minutes to get there, and I notified to the first officer on scene right away and he didn't seem to care and let us sit in his vehicle because it was well below freezing and winds were up to 30 miles per hour.

On another note, I'm glad I drive (drove) a big, body-on-frame vehicle. I'm certain that at that speed, a monocoque design would have not been in much, much worse condition.

Pics coming soon.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
ArmyAndNavyVet

Re: Bowling Green PD A+ >> and first notify!

Post by ArmyAndNavyVet »

Glad to hear you're all right. After a few notifications, it will seem ho-hum and routine.
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Viet Nam Combat Veteran, 1967-1968, I Corps (Army)
Beirut 1983 (Navy)
Lấy máu Nga Hoa mà hòa rượu đế
Lấy xác cộng xây cầu bên hải
Lấy râu cụ Hồ làm bàn chải đánh giầy
Chặt đầu việt cộng mà nấu canh chua
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Glad to hear you are OK. Citizens carrying is generally not an issue for BG police.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
CincyKid

Post by CincyKid »

ArmyAndNavyVet wrote:Glad to hear you're all right. After a few notifications, it will seem ho-hum and routine.
+1
D-Day
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by D-Day »

East Wooster?
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
Rand Paul 2016
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Wooster and Dunbridge by Meijer.

Oh yeah, I have to get the pictures up here.
TDwin
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

My car at the scene: http://richgannon.net/crash_1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (looking east from the corner)

Other kid's car: http://richgannon.net/crash_2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (looking north from the same corner)
Note: his car was turned almost 180 degrees around. He was travelling north on Dunbridge (opposite of me) and turning west onto Wooster. He ended facing east in the picture.
TDwin
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

WestonDon wrote:Glad to hear you are OK. Citizens carrying is generally not an issue for BG police.
Citizens legally carrying is not an issue for ANY police. Some just want to make it an issue.

:roll:

What's the other guy's car look like? :twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
mreising

Post by mreising »

ArmedAviator wrote:My car at the scene: http://richgannon.net/crash_1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (looking east from the corner)

Other kid's car: http://richgannon.net/crash_2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (looking north from the same corner)
Note: his car was turned almost 180 degrees around. He was travelling north on Dunbridge (opposite of me) and turning west onto Wooster. He ended facing east in the picture.
No wonder he turned in front of you, he had all that white plastic stuff blocking his windows. :wink:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Looks like it was in very good condition for its age. Too bad it'll get scrapped.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just yesterday I helped push a car something like ArmedAviator's out of the way on an icy uphill stretch of a city street. College kid trying to drive the family hand-me-down vintage Mercury Marquis. Yep, good old rear wheel drive + empty trunk = three thousand plus pound sled. Was able to get my Jeep out of the way somewhere it wouldn't get stuck whilst I was lending some muscle.

Myself and another fool samaritan advised the kid to get himself cinder blocks, bags of cement, somedarnthing to put a few hundred pounds over the back axle. I said it first and the other helpful gent confirmed it quickly. The Marquis driver wanted to take issue but we told him he was about to lose our help if he didn't just agree with us already and shut up.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I carry about 200 pounds in the trunk including two tool kits, full size spare, a few target range things, and a few big bags of salt for that exact reason.

It's the limited slip differential and good tires that make it acceptable in the snow, though. That's on the top priority to install on my next grand marquis.
TDwin
mreising

Post by mreising »

I always kept weight in the trunk of my CVPI in the winter. Good tires and weight over the axle never failed. I drove up Lehman Ave from State St past several cars that were stuck or spinning their tires trying to get up the hill. I just waved at them as I went past. I'm sure a few thought I was a butt, and they were probably correct. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

WestonDon wrote:Looks like it was in very good condition for its age. Too bad it'll get scrapped.
Lotsa good pieces parts and panels on that hooptie. Shame to junk all that. :cry:
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Depending on what the insurance offers me, I may buy it back and keep it for parts. The wheels and tires will be a direct swap to my new '06 Grand Marquis (don't even need the spacers I have used anymore). The battery is less than a year old and untouched by the crash. All 4 ultra high performance all season tires are less than 6 months old. The Police Interceptor aluminum driveshaft is likely in great condition. And the rear end gears have less than 30,000 miles on them and run great (new 3.55 gears and a Trac-Lok from a Mustang to get through the snow). The Heinous billet rear control arms are in great condition, too. I also made a really nice harness for the headlights to get better voltage to them which I don't want to have to make all over again. All of that is worth more than what the KBB value is of my car. The engine and transmission weren't visibly damaged, either.
TDwin