Today's encounter at the park

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DigitelD

Re: Today's encounter at the park

Post by DigitelD »

Thank God you did not ignore it. In our society it could have been a man trying to abuse the child. You did good.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

May each one of us invistigate the cries of any one under similar circumstances. Well done.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
kb8ywy

Post by kb8ywy »

good job
OFCC member
Patron Life Member NRA
Patron Site Supporter
jgi1020

Post by jgi1020 »

As a parent who has a child that plays soccer where you are referring to, I thank you.
BobK

Post by BobK »

evan price wrote:... but when I hear a terrified kid screaming for help I'm not going to ignore it.
Amen. Well done.

There are too many people who will argue about letting the police do the job and they are not going to risk themselves for another. Well, a child changes the equation in my book.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Indeed.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I wouldn't of opoligized either....

TR....I never thought you were opinionated.... :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I wouldn't of opoligized either....

TR....I never thought you were opinionated.... :wink:
I truly believe there are no cool seats, set away from the raging fires in Hell, for any child molesters. Any of them.
TS04

Post by TS04 »

Similar things happen all the time. One hears male grunts and a female voice crying out from the shrubbery or back alley at night, and wonders, "Did she say, "Don't! Stop!", or "Don't stop!""? :mrgreen:
Music Man

Post by Music Man »

Off subject about Tonneau cover. I use half a sheet of OSB with 2 x 4's screwed to the sides as a sled in the truck bed. Rope is tied to the 2 x 4's. I use an old cane to hook the rope and pull it towards the tailgate, the straight end to push it. work like a champion even with 2-300 pounds on it.
Beretta Nine All The Time
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

My oldest daughter is notorious for screaming things in public, that if heard out of context makes for some embarrassing situations.

Once when she was 4, we were out shopping and she came running up to me to give me a big hug and clunked her head on my gun. She shouted quite loudly: "Daddy your GUN hurt me!" :shock:

My daughters daycare teaches the kids to address the adults with proper titles. "Ms. So-and-So" etc... Once, when we went to Disneyland I was helping her through a giant rope net bridge in a play area. Her feet were just the right size to slip between the ropes and get her shoes stuck in the gaps. This happened at the highest point of the bridge and she was stuck good.

She started panicking and shouting "Miss Daddy! Miss Daddy! Miss Daddy!" as fast as she could begging for help. I was laughing so hard I could barely stand up myself, much less help. We had quite the audience before I could manage to pull myself together enough take her shoes off and get her unstuck.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Do you mind if we call you Miss Klingon ? :)
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Do you mind if we call you Miss Klingon ? :)
You're behind the times. I think the proper title would be Ms. Klingon. :-)
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Your right....Sorry.. :)
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Tweed Ring wrote:Some day, one or more of us may save some child from a terrible experience.

I despise child molesters.

Many years ago, I was with Mrs. Ring in a small town in Maine, visiting friends and their kids. We went to Ho Jo's for lunch. Little girl went to the ladies room. As I always sit so I can watch the door, it was Mrs. Ring who noticed a guy had walked in right after the girl. She made mention of the situation; the girl's father was unperturbed. I ran to the ladies room, grabbed the guy, and shoved him, forcefully, back into the restaurant area.

I seemed to have embarrassed the guy, who claimed he forgot his glasses and had made an honest mistake. I also embarrassed the kid's parents, who knew the guy, a neighbor. When I was asked to apologize, I had a two word answer: the second word was a singular masculine pronoun.

As Mrs. Ring had noted on numerous occasions, I can be opinionated and uncouth. In public. Loudly.

Couple of months after the trip, I got a letter from the kid's mom. She wanted to tell me they had a new security system installed on their home. Seems as though the same neighbor had taken a serious attempt at breaking into their house. My advice about locking the doors and getting security had previously fallen on deaf ears.

Guy was a tree jumper. Spend enough time around them, and one can spot them - they have short eyes.
How about helping those of us not as "cultured" as yourself, and further describe what the following are:

1) a singular masculine pronoun
2) a tree jumper
3) short eyes

Thanks!
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor