had to shoot someone on friday.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: had to shoot someone on friday.

Post by TSiWRX »

Wow. :shock:

Glad you're OK.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Why would you have to shoot someone or even think about protecting yourself at that gas station? They had surveilance cameras to protect you! :roll: Somehow, I didn't see any of those cameras jumping down to get between everyone.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

I'm glad you're ok and please contact a lawyer even if it is "just in case".
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I'm glad to hear the prosecutor quickly determined that it was a justifiable case of self-defense. I agree with the others who advised you to contact an attorney "just in case"...in this day an age you never know if the BG or his family will try to sue you for something...no matter how ridiculous that may seem.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Fonejack54

Post by Fonejack54 »

First to the OP. Great Job !! Second, I'm confused about civil suits. I know per Castle Doctrine the perp can't sue (car or home) and I never knew about anywhere else but I'm sure I've read here where they can't sue you no matter where you are if they are committing a crime against. Would someone please clarify.
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Glad you're ok. Looking forward to more details about the story, but make sure you're covered legally before disclosing anything else.
cooks128

Post by cooks128 »

Glad your okay and thank you for sharing. I posted a link to the article on my FB page.
http://www.soviet-steel.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a crap about the rules? Mark it zero!
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Glad you are OK and thanks for posting.

I'm curious to what ammo you were loaded with?
Poop!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Scary situation, you did awfully well.
We'll keep you in our thoughts that the rest of this unravels as well as the first half did.

You did one helluva job. I'm glad you are one of the good guys!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Mindbender14

Post by Mindbender14 »

Fonejack54 wrote:First to the OP. Great Job !! Second, I'm confused about civil suits. I know per Castle Doctrine the perp can't sue (car or home) and I never knew about anywhere else but I'm sure I've read here where they can't sue you no matter where you are if they are committing a crime against. Would someone please clarify.
I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is this: anyone can sue for anything. How far they get with the suit is another matter entirely.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I was on the Chicago Sun-Times website last week, commenting on the mind numbingly stupid excuse making for the "flash mob" strongarm robbers there by one of the columnists (Mary Mitchell). I made the statement, "When armed robbery is dangerous for the ROBBER, fewer people will want to do it." I cited the very late Arthur Buford. I'll have to add this ninny to the list of "See, that's why you shouldn't do that." examples.
  1. I wonder if this is in the Plain Dealer.
  2. I wonder if the anti-gun simps in their comments section will have an alternate course of action for the OP. Probably... just not one that would keep him alive.
Last edited by deanimator on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

Be careful of your statements, if there is ever a civil proceeding they will be used.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Javelin Man wrote:Why would you have to shoot someone or even think about protecting yourself at that gas station? They had surveillance cameras to protect you! :roll: Somehow, I didn't see any of those cameras jumping down to get between everyone.
Oh, they protected him alright - legally after the fact. I'm sure the perp would try to lie about it if he could - he can't. The BGs buddy thought he was helping his crackhead friend by joining the fray. Two vs. one actively engaged at close range is certainly a reasonable threshold for pulling the trigger.
Last edited by muxtech on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
The British are going! The British are going!
tglassburner

Post by tglassburner »

Glad you made it out ok. I am glad I did not have to shoot the one and only time i had to draw my weapon. Thanks for sharing and as others have said, get a good lawyer.
My Blog
NRA Certified Instructor
Amount of money I have spent in a non enumerated CPZ this year - $0.00
Number of CPZ signs taken down because of me - 4
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

Very glad you're ok and thanks for sharing your story. We can all learn from it. Will look forward to more discussion when the dust settles.