had to shoot someone on friday.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gmhiggins

Re: had to shoot someone on friday.

Post by gmhiggins »

A quick side note, it was rather interesting to hear a detective say how being on crack and alcohol saved the guy's life.
adf8585

Post by adf8585 »

gmhiggins wrote:A quick side note, it was rather interesting to hear a detective say how being on crack and alcohol saved the guy's life.
i know tell me about it
Sig Shooter

Post by Sig Shooter »

Glad you're okay. Looks like you defended yourself very well. I hope I'm never put in that situation, but if I am, I hope I handle it as well as you did. How were you carrying the G36?
adf8585

Post by adf8585 »

Sig Shooter wrote:Glad you're okay. Looks like you defended yourself very well. I hope I'm never put in that situation, but if I am, I hope I handle it as well as you did. How were you carrying the G36?
it was in the middle console did not have it on me. stupid mistake
Sig Shooter

Post by Sig Shooter »

At least you had it loaded. And better to have it in the console than at the house. I guess this can be a good learning experience for everyone: Have the gun on your person whenever possible and don't assume you will be able to rack the slide when some drunk crackhead comes after you. Again, nice job handling the situation. Score another one for the good guys.
jose45

Post by jose45 »

adf,glad things went well for you and not so well for your assailant.Great example of why the console is not such a great place to keep your weapon when you leave your vehicle.Perfect example of why you always carry a round chambered.

Like the commercial says,life comes at ya fast.What did they want? Money?

Notice too,while one engaged the victim,another came in and blindsided him.We can all learn a lot from adfs experience.
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
Joshs9mXD

Post by Joshs9mXD »

Glad you are okay :wink: Good Guy 1 - Bag Guy 0
If Guns Cause Crime,
Matches Cause Arson.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Thank you for sharing your experience, you have our blessings that this is over with quickly, you done well.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
xd9allthetime

Post by xd9allthetime »

adf...awesome job and glad you are ok. You handled this situation very well and you're an excellent example of the responsible CHL holder, you did us all proud! Thanks for sharing your feelings and what you felt were your mistakes and good practice examples. We should all learn from this.
Great minds think alike, unfortunately so do stupid ones...
elderboy02

Post by elderboy02 »

Nice job sir! Hopefully it teaches the scumbag a lesson. You handled the situation perfectly. I too have my gun in the center console when I am in the car. There has been a time or two where I forgot to put my J-frame in my pocket when I got out of the car. Hopefully now I will remember to always arm myself when out of my car.

I have had my share of crackheads/methheads bothering me at the gas pumps before. Now whenever I pump gas, I always have my hand in my pocket with my hand on the grip.

I am glad you are ok. I am pretty sure the scumbag and the scumbags family won't be able to sue you since you were in your car. I think the Castle Doctrine would apply here. 8)
OFCC Member, Ohio CHL holder, NRA Life Member, AR15.com Life Member.
walkingtall

Post by walkingtall »

Glad your okay and smart move to remove your self from the area and call 911. Sorry it took shooting someone to save yourself from the attack. But they learned the hard way about attacking a victim in this case. Maybe this will get the BG into a life changing moment and his friend . But you never know.
Law Enforcement was created to respond after the fact, that's why I have my CCW
I can be peaceful, but I can be violent when the time comes.
Jerry Springer show for free everyday in a courtroom
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

.....You were blessed that night and were acting like it.......We only think of these things happening and what we would do....Hope you feel ok and everything works out for you.

.....This is one for the GG'S and minus one for the anti's...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian69

Post by Brian69 »

Hey Adam, my sister Tracy told me abot this Saturday night when she came out. This is big Brian from hulbert st. I have my CCW also and always carry when im down at my moms especialy in that area but you never know anywhere. Glad it you were alright.
Last edited by Brian69 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Well done. Glad you are OK.

The video reinforces why I now train in unarmed combatives. Sometimes we may have to trade punches with one or more attackers as things escalate toward their conclusion. It also illustrates how close your target will likely be when shooting becomes necessary. Better to train for the close-in threat than the 50 ft. target bullseye. Speed and power over traditional marksmanship wins the day. Also, it's worth noting that the perp tries to engage in conversation and various requests before the attack. This is why I hate panhandelers so much. They're one click away from violent robber.
Last edited by muxtech on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The British are going! The British are going!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Highly education situation here.

I strongly encourage the OP to withhold any more comments until fully cleared in this incident.
Getting an attorney would be a great idea...just in case.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;