had to shoot someone on friday.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Roostertogo

Re: had to shoot someone on friday.

Post by Roostertogo »

Looks like he got 5 years community control.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

JediSkipdogg wrote: 8) Attend Convicts Against Prison Sentences Tour
Haha, it's almost never -NOT- funny when we put good 'ole #8 in a list and end up with Mr. Cool smiley making light of that item in the list.

Just try to tell me that ain't funny! :lol:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I recall the OP isn't available to answer here. http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... ing+Dayton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What prison is the OP serving time at? Perhaps visiting day he could answer.
Convicted 06/05/2012 of Felonious Assault (2903.11(A)(2)) 5yrs Community Control Sanctions. No other listing for criminal, so he's been a good boy while on CCS.
They also charged him with Assured Clear Distance (4511.21), Driving Under Suspension (4510.11), and Hit Skip (4549.021). They dropped the DUS and Hit/Skip.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I recall the OP isn't available to answer here. http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... ing+Dayton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What prison is the OP serving time at? Perhaps visiting day he could answer.
Looks like none. If you go through the process on their clerks website of entering his name and such he received (I'm summarizing as it won't let me link the PDF)....

1) Probation not to exceed 5 years.
2) Pay all court costs
3) Stay away order from victim
4) 100 hours of community service
5) Destruction of Kimber Ultra Carry II .45
6) Destruction of Sig P238

7) Attend Alternative to Violence Seminar
8) Attend Convicts Against Prison Sentences Tour
9) Attend Victims of Violence Victim Impact Panel
10) Complete anger management counseling
11) Not own or possess any weapons

Violation of any those is a maximum 8 year prison term. Not bad for taking a plea on an F2.
If I recall correctly, in the gas station shooting he said he used a Glock 30 or 36. Guess they missed that one?
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

tbrew85 wrote:If I recall correctly, in the gas station shooting he said he used a Glock 30 or 36. Guess they missed that one?
I know this is a plea deal, but I don't think the court can order anything destroyed that wasn't present at the time of the crime. I think it would be overstepping it's bounds and it would be like I shoot someone with my shotgun and they seize my entire inventory and order it destroyed. Now, if I go shoot up a mall, they could claim somehow the rest were going to be used in subsequent attacks or were used for training or something crazy.

My guess is he used two guns in this incident or happened to use one and have the second one on him during the process of using it and they counted that as evidence.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

tbrew85 wrote:If I recall correctly, in the gas station shooting he said he used a Glock 30 or 36. Guess they missed that one?
I can't recall. Did he report getting that gun back from the police after the gas station incident? He was cleared by the prosecutor in reasonably quick time but I don't recall if the gun was ever returned to him. Legal system goes awfully slow sometimes.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

He definitely had a Glock that was chambered in .45 cal. I, too, don't recall if it was the 30 or 36, but it was a stubbier one, not a G21.

I remember .45 well, because the guy had loaded his mag... with two different kinds of ammo. :P He had some hardball... and some Cor-Bon Pow'RBall.
Likely all somewhere in this thread. And yeah, I did read the entire thread, but I did that when it was current. :lol:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Baron83

Post by Baron83 »

It was a G36. I remember because I have one and a thread side track was discussing how the G36 is Glock's red-headed stepchild.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Wow, celebrating halloween early aren't we? :wink:
milligan740

Post by milligan740 »

I'd be happy to take those fine weapons to see that they're destroyed properly. You know, by firing thousand of small explosives through them over the course of several decades.
Primary: Glock 23 | BUG: Ruger LCP
Other guns: Glock 26, Mossberg 500 Persuader, S&W 686-6, Walther P22, S&W AR-15, NAA .22 Short, others.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Can someone provide a thumbnail's version of what happened to the OP? (I don't have time to read all 52 pages right now.)
The rifle is God's gift to the rifleman. - Fred
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

The details are pretty much covered in the first couple pages.

Shouldn't take too much time out of your day.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Michael wrote:Can someone provide a thumbnail's version of what happened to the OP? (I don't have time to read all 52 pages right now.)
Well, there's two incidents. He's fired guns at least twice, first time at a Sunoco from someone trying to mug him. He was cleared and justified then.

Second time was this story...Suspect surrenders after shooting, crash, standoff He recieved the sentence I posted above or click here to be taken directly to that post...

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... 0#p4233412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
adf8585

Post by adf8585 »

Damn 90000 views. Let the questions begin
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome back, how you been?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB