North Summit Co

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

I dunno. Here in FL, the CCW and DL/DMV databases are not tied together. Nor is there a requirement to notify LE if you're carrying. I've talked one-on-one with more than a few LEOs down here. Not all, but most say they really don't want to know. As far as they're concerned, a traffic stop (as a for example) has nothing to do with a CCW - if for some reason "the hairs on the back o' the neck are standing up" they'll ask - otherwise, DL, registration, and proof of insurance please...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
20-20 vision man

North Summit Co

Post by 20-20 vision man »

Jeff this is just my point. You brought up "man with gun call" and full felony take down. When was it against the law to bare arms? We are allowed to carry guns undercover now and not have a bond or be a reputible business man taking money to bank. We have always been able to have bare arms! We have a trained response from the local government that a "man with a gun" is a bad thing. What about a call "man with a pillow"? People have been smothered by pillows and we dont have this reaction. Or worse man with a CAR? More people are killed and injured with cars than by a gun. More police are killed by auto accidents than with a gun.

The point I want to make "it is not illegal to have a gun or a CCW permit how ever the cops treat you as a criminal". I am not willing to lay down and take it with out a fight. The climate is changing as we speak. It is legal to carry and even do it concealed.

The men in Portage county did not commit a felony. They were treated as if they had. What did they do that was a felony? NOTHING Again a conditioned response that was taught by the local police and govt was in this case is wrong.

I hope the police will learn from the other states that have CCW and soon it will all be a no big deal thing.

20-20 vision man
You are your first line of defense!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: North Summit Co

Post by TunnelRat »

20-20 vision man wrote:The point I want to make "it is not illegal to have a gun or a CCW permit how ever the cops treat you as a criminal". I am not willing to lay down and take it with out a fight.
When you are dealing with the police, probably the very wisest thing you can do is to "lay down and take it with out a fight". Remember -- you may have the right to make a phone call, but the LEO gets to decide whether you make that call from the station or from the emergency room.

If what the police do is patently illegal or improper, there are avenues for redress. At a minimum you can file a citizen's complaint. If you want to go further, you can seek legal counsel. A lawyer will quickly be able to tell if you have a case. But the very last thing you want to do is to resist a police officer in the performance of his duty -- even if he is wholly mistaken and doing it wrong!
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

20-20 vision man wrote:...When was it against the law to bare arms?...
I believe you mean "bear" arms - which of course you can do with bare arms if you like.

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

tommcnaughton wrote:But the very last thing you want to do is to resist a police officer in the performance of his duty -- even if he is wholly mistaken and doing it wrong!
Regrettably, I am compelled to agree, particularly if you have the misfortune of being "queried" by a LEO who believes he/she IS the law. If you have a legitimate gripe alternative avenues are available for redress. Beside, revenge is a dish best served cold.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Here is how to handle your interactions with police:

http://thetravisty.com/Just_Funny.php?F ... Kicked.wmv

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

BB62 wrote:
20-20 vision man wrote:...When was it against the law to bare arms?...
I believe you mean "bear" arms - which of course you can do with bare arms if you like.
Hey, don't knock it. In this weather I am grateful for the constitutional right to wear short sleeves... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

BB62 wrote:Here is how to handle your interactions with police:

http://thetravisty.com/Just_Funny.php?F ... Kicked.wmv
ROTFLMAO! :lol:
Remarkably good advice. It's funny, but it is remarkably good advice.
TunnelRat