Confirmed Huntington bank allows CHL the hard way.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xd

Post by xd »

I thought is was interesting because I carry into the local Huntington all the time. I have also seen some people OC in the Dublin branch, they are withdrawing pretty large sums of money. No one even raises an eye brow. The only time I was ever questioned was when my tee shirt got hung over the butt and I walked in. The guy came over to the line and said my butt was showing. (I've been banking there for over 20yrs)
BobK

Post by BobK »

xd wrote:The only time I was ever questioned was when my tee shirt got hung over the butt and I walked in. The guy came over to the line and said my butt was showing.
I think that is a better description. My shirt was covering almost all the gun, but when I leaned over the counter I think my bottom of my magazine was showing.

My IWB hides the entire trigger guard area, mag release, and 80% of the barrel. My rear sights, another half inch or so of the slide, and my butt are above the belt. My shirt was covering all except the bottom of the butt, exposing the bottom of the magazine.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Ghostrider

Post by Ghostrider »

Good job.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

OC

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Open carry in a bank. I just don't get it. If you go into a bank oc and there is a robbery in progress, you are a dead man. :?: :?: :?:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
xd

Re: OC

Post by xd »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Open carry in a bank. I just don't get it. If you go into a bank oc and there is a robbery in progress, you are a dead man. :?: :?: :?:
From what the teller was saying is they pick up for one of the racetracks. I didn't bother asking any further questions.
Strider

Re: Confirmed Huntington bank allows CHL the hard way.

Post by Strider »

Great job, BobK!!

I like when she said...
BobK wrote: "When you were leaning over the counter, I could have come up from behind you and taken your gun out of your holster before you even knew it. And a robber could have also taken your gun!"
...no matter how they phrase it, I hear it as: "I'm just a little, hate-filled, hysterical anti-gun Nazi who get's her sense of safety from CSI and world-view from Disney"
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Like Karl Malden said " never leave home without it".
vkev

Post by vkev »

GWC wrote:Are there no National City Banks in Columbus? They also allow guns.
They dont let you go armed in dayton at the watervilete branch National City. They have Double Doors w/ detectors.

Any gun friendly banks in dayton?
Those who would sacrafice freedom for security, deserve neither and will ultimately lose both.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

There are all sorts of people there, from business owners, to off-duty cops, etc. etc. He was sure if you walked into their lobby at any time during business hours, I would be amazed how many people are armed.
Really?? :shock: I guess everyone is OCing, huh?

Nice job on your follow up with the company, Bob.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
robkjv

Post by robkjv »

By the way, my wife works at National City, and it is their companies policy that CHL is allowed and that NO BRANCH shall post a gun buster sign.

This came from the corporate security chief.

Robkjv
"Don't Tread On Me"
newarcher

Post by newarcher »

I personally feel OC by people other than cops is just dumb. First, if I am a criminal intent on robbing that bank, you die first....unless you are a better shot and can overcome the element of surprise. Second, it only invites confrontations with store managers, bank managers, and causes people who don't know that OC is legal to call the police. That wastes police time and puts you at an element of risk of being shot by Fife who is a day old on the police force.

If the police have enough wasted time calls over OC, then OC will go away.

I dunno, carry how you want. For me, OC is the worst possible way to carry and the least intellgent from a safety perspective.

New
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Newarcher, is there really a need to call open carry "dumb"? I spent close to 20 years before licensed concealed carry toting a gun very surreptitiously under the "prudent man affirmative defense" clause of the old ORC law prohibiting same. This has made me a pretty good gun hider, I take some pride in this and have tried to share as much experience on this forum as my typing and linguistic abilities allow.

All that said, we must try to remember that a right not exercised may well be a right lost. On the relatively rare times I open carry there have been a few opportunities to educate folks on the matter, didn't mind taking the time to do just that. And also, there were at least a handful of days this summer that it was just too dang hot for wearing extra layers of clothes to cover up my firearm, so open carry was a wonderful option to have.

"Don't go around looking like a crumb bum* " when toting out in the open and most of the hassles shouldn't occur, or so my experience has been.

* My mom said those words to my brother and me maybe a zillion times as we were growing up, of course it had nothing to do with firearms at the time, but...
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
newarcher

Post by newarcher »

Brian D. wrote:Newarcher, is there really a need to call open carry "dumb"? I spent close to 20 years before licensed concealed carry toting a gun very surreptitiously under the "prudent man affirmative defense" clause of the old ORC law prohibiting same. This has made me a pretty good gun hider, I take some pride in this and have tried to share as much experience on this forum as my typing and linguistic abilities allow.

All that said, we must try to remember that a right not exercised may well be a right lost. On the relatively rare times I open carry there have been a few opportunities to educate folks on the matter, didn't mind taking the time to do just that. And also, there were at least a handful of days this summer that it was just too dang hot for wearing extra layers of clothes to cover up my firearm, so open carry was a wonderful option to have.

"Don't go around looking like a crumb bum* " when toting out in the open and most of the hassles shouldn't occur, or so my experience has been.

* My mom said those words to my brother and me maybe a zillion times as we were growing up, of course it had nothing to do with firearms at the time, but...
Well, like I said...carry how you want.

Let me though clarify mt comments....for ME it is dumb. I just see it as inviting trouble around every turn....getting thrown out of Walmart, Banks, and having overeager police pointing guns at you.

From my perspective and intent, I want to remain a hidden carrier. I don't want the constant hassles that come with OC. That's all.

If you can and want to carry OC and deal with the issues that come along, I am not calling YOU dumb. I personally think for me it seemd dumb. Some people don't mind conflict and actually seek it...I personally try to avoid it when possible.

No offense to anyone.

New
boyo

Post by boyo »

robkjv wrote:By the way, my wife works at National City, and it is their companies policy that CHL is allowed and that NO BRANCH shall post a gun buster sign.

This came from the corporate security chief.

Robkjv
Is it still Mr Morningstar in charge of their security?
He is a good man, taught my private security class.
Remember, TSA Officers are just like you. They have rules to follow to, regardless of how silly they may seem, that are determined by upper management.There's no reason to take it out on them.
p99

Post by p99 »

Is there some way to get confirmation of National City's stance on CCW? The Shaker Square branch is posted in Cleveland, and I would love to have proof to present to the branch. Or, is there a specific person I should contact at corporate to address this issue? I would love to see that sign taken down!