ZPD encounter

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jrw

ZPD encounter

Post by jrw »

:) Today our SUV was hit skipped while parked on a city street so we called the police dept. to file a report. In just a few minutes an officer showed up and as he exited his cruiser,I informed him of my name and that I had a ccw license and that I didn't have one on me but there was one in my glove compartment. His comment was,no problem, unless you pull it on me. Could not have been nicer about the whole thing (including the report). My wife was with me and she to advised him that she also had a ccw license he just smiled then proceded to ask us what kind of guns we carried and that he really didn't worry much about it because he said if someone wants to shoot you ,they will. He never even asked to see our license. I have always wondered what would happen the first time I had to inform an officer and this couldn't have been a better encounter.
ZPD= (zanesville police dept)
glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

Call in and give him a pat on the back with his superiors, and thank them for the prompt response. I like it when someone's story has a good ending! Sorry about your vehicle, though. I got hit-and-run a couple years ago. The officer almost did cartwheels when he found out I got the license number. I am a nerd and carry a pocket digital VR with me. I just read the number into it as I observed her pulling away. That way, as the adrenaline sets in and memory goes out the window, I had it for sure on my VR.
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
CMiddleton

positive reinforcement

Post by CMiddleton »

Positive reinforcement is everything, these LEOs are learning the new laws just like we are. Anytime I get a chance to compliment one on conduct you can bet I will.

Hopefully if enough love goes around, the officers who receive compliments will spread the word that CCWers are the good guys.