Positive encounter with OSP

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Positive encounter with OSP

Postby Hank629 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:08 pm

I recently had a minor fender bender outside of Zanesville. OSP was called and upon arrival I informed the trooper that I had a CHL and that I was armed. When I asked how should I proceed, his response was "I'll make a deal with you. If you don't pull yours, I wont pull mine." We both had a chuckle, completed the accident report and everyone went along their happy way. Just though I would share a positive interaction.
Hank629

Re: Positive encounter with OSP

Postby Aesinsp » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Glad you shared.
Hello and welcome - I see that was your 1st post.
Carry-on.
The Constitution is the solution.
Ours IS a constitutional, representative republic!
Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
granddeception.com
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Positive encounter with OSP

Postby docachna » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:03 pm

Hank629 wrote:I recently had a minor fender bender outside of Zanesville. OSP was called and upon arrival I informed the trooper that I had a CHL and that I was armed. When I asked how should I proceed, his response was "I'll make a deal with you. If you don't pull yours, I wont pull mine." We both had a chuckle, completed the accident report and everyone went along their happy way. Just though I would share a positive interaction.

On the few occasions I've had to notify, I usually use something like, "I'm REQUIRED to notify you that I have a concealed carry license, and I am armed." I've never had someone respond with much more than a shrug and a "that's fine". Sort of reduces the possible inference of paranoia that might be conveyed by "How do you want me to proceed?".

But - whatever works.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
docachna

Return to Real Life Encounters