Handgun Ban on Sales and Transfers in Canada

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

drc

Handgun Ban on Sales and Transfers in Canada

Post by drc »

Today in Canada
Canada's Trudeau announces ban on handgun sales, transfers, saying 'fewer guns means safer communities'
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-tr ... ommunities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My buddy there is only allowed to go to the range and back, he can get away with stopping for fuel, but nothing else. Going to get interesting up north, maybe. I have been reading that there has been pushback at the prime minister level for the "assault rifle" confiscation/buyback.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Handgun Ban on Sales and Transfers in Canada

Post by Cosmos »

Trudeau's security team should set an example and give up their handguns. If I were an ammo or firearm manufacturer, I would halt all sales to the government to set another example.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yep. It is a true shame that all manufacturers don't have enough of a spine to follow Barrett's lead and refuse to sell to or service the firearms of any municipality that infringes on their citizens.
Cosmos wrote:Trudeau's security team should set an example and give up their handguns. If I were an ammo or firearm manufacturer, I would halt all sales to the government to set another example.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Handguns are the weapon of choice in most firearm-related crimes
Huh? I thought it was assault weapons since Trudeau banned those first. I'm confused. :roll:
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Great, now we are going to need a wall at our north border too!
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper