Canfield Fair..I read it was poppin' over the weekend!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Canfield Fair..I read it was poppin' over the weekend!

Post by Brian D. »

And not in a good clean family fun kind of way. Anybody local got some links to peruse, or likely much more accurate accounts from family, friends, or your network of street snitches?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Canfield Fair..I read it was poppin' over the weekend!

Post by 147Doc »

Found this:

10 arrested after shooting at the Canfield Fair
https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/09/05/ ... ield-fair/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not that it says much, though.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

How do they apprehend a 14yo with a handgun and the best they can come up with is disorderly conduct??
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

FormerNavy wrote:How do they apprehend a 14yo with a handgun and the best they can come up with is disorderly conduct??
Yeah. And how does the reporter (or SOME reporter) ask the sheriff that very question?

********************************************************************************
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

How old the kid with the gun is apparently is up for debate. The linked article has a sub-headline saying 14 but the article and the accompanying video say 15.

The charges are:
Criminal Trespass (M4); Disorderly Conduct (M4); Carrying a Concealed Weapon (M1) (with Specification for Forfeiture of a Weapon); Resisting Arrest (M2), and Inducing Panic (F5)
https://www.wfmj.com/story/47232113/pol ... field-fair
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

FormerNavy wrote:How do they apprehend a 14yo with a handgun and the best they can come up with is disorderly conduct??
Looks like the charges have been expanded:
The juvenile is being charged with Criminal Trespass (M4); Disorderly Conduct (M4); Carrying a Concealed Weapon (M1) (with Specification for Forfeiture of a Weapon); Resisting Arrest (M2), and Inducing Panic (F5). He was arraigned in juvenile court on Tuesday.
https://www.wfmj.com/story/47232113/pol ... field-fair" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
513resident

Post by 513resident »

The clientele has changed. We've had similar troubles down here at places like Kings Island and Coney Island. Large gatherings of young people and riots at what were formerly safe, family-friendly venues that some of us attended as kids in better times. Pretty soon, decent folk will simply quit going to these events and places.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

513resident wrote:The clientele has changed. We've had similar troubles down here at places like Kings Island and Coney Island. Large gatherings of young people and riots at what were formerly safe, family-friendly venues that some of us attended as kids in better times. Pretty soon, decent folk will simply quit going to these events and places.
It's the same elsewhere, from what I've read across Ohio news sites. Cedar Point sees behavior much like Kings Island. The passenger ferries to Put-In-Bay have had very unruly, drunk and or high patrons. (Don't make me the ship's captain, people like that would get tossed overboard halfway between the mainland and the island.)

I'm sure this has been happening in many places besides Ohio. Gets depressing to dig up more articles like that, so I don't bother often.

docachna

Post by docachna »

Brian D. wrote:
It's the same elsewhere, from what I've read across Ohio news sites. Cedar Point sees behavior much like Kings Island. The passenger ferries to Put-In-Bay have had very unruly, drunk and or high patrons. (Don't make me the ship's captain, people like that would get tossed overboard halfway between the mainland and the island.)

I'm sure this has been happening in many places besides Ohio. Gets depressing to dig up more articles like that, so I don't bother often.
You want a REAL eye-opener, go be a substitute teacher for a week. Pure chaos. Zero consequences.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
513resident

Post by 513resident »

They are ruining shooping malls too - even though they aren't there to shop but just to congregate. If you google each incident and they happen to have photos of the event or mugshots of the perpetrators...you'll likely find that it is the same groups involved every time.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/c ... 762231001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;