Dutch Soldiers Shot in Indianapolis

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Dutch Soldiers Shot in Indianapolis

Post by Cosmos »

Dutch soldiers shot in Indianapolis while in US for training: https://www.foxnews.com/world/three-dut ... dianapolis

The irony is they were here for Urban Warfare Training. I hope each recovers fully and those responsible are caught and punished accordingly.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
513resident

Re: Dutch Soldiers Shot in Indianapolis

Post by 513resident »

JMHO but nothing good ever comes from being out on the street at 0330. If that were me, I would have been asleep in my hotel room. Or at least trying to sleep in my hotel room.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Could have had trouble adjusting from jet lag. Maybe the soldiers are smokers. Hotels often insist you step off their property to light up.

I wonder if they were specifically prohibited, by their military or U.S. laws, from having firearms at hand during off duty time? Might have changed the outcome.

And in a twist of irony, it's a safe odds bet that the bad guys were prohibited from possessing weapons, but don't give a rat's rectum about pesky little laws like that.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Brian D. wrote:Could have had trouble adjusting from jet lag. Maybe the soldiers are smokers. Hotels often insist you step off their property to light up.....
Probably had more to do with the fact that it's in Indy's "entertainment district" (a/k/a Party Central), and they may well have gotten into a beef with somebody, or gotten jumped by some hood rats.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
513resident

Post by 513resident »

docachna wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Could have had trouble adjusting from jet lag. Maybe the soldiers are smokers. Hotels often insist you step off their property to light up.....
Probably had more to do with the fact that it's in Indy's "entertainment district" (a/k/a Party Central), and they may well have gotten into a beef with somebody, or gotten jumped by some hood rats.
Exactly what I was saying above. It is why you won't find me in Cincinnati's OTR at 0300...even with a nicotine habit and/or jet lag. Active Self Protection's John Correia says: "Don't go stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things and you won't get shot."