Mass shooter kills 3 at Indy mall stopped by CC

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Mass shooter kills 3 at Indy mall stopped by CC

Post by Brian D. »

As a small, humorous aside: I sometimes tell people asking about purchasing a handgun that "Almost every company makes a Glock pistol now. You just have to figure out which brand you want." Then I give some explanation and context.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
I hope he has something like CCW Safe or some kind of legal protection for the inevitable deluge of legal ugly that is headed his way.

Perhaps the media has learned not to jump in on this Rittenhouse style case, but the left will not allow this young man to be held up as a positive example (without a fight).
I was in Indy when it happened and watched all the local stations news coverage. Although some stations covered some of the negative internet comments, I never got the feeling the stations themselves shared this view, in fact exactly the opposite. I never saw any negative coverage of the GG from the stations themselves. Regardless of what some leftist on the internet feels or even some member of the news media, I never saw any reporting that even suggested the local prosecutor was going to do anything to the GG.

I was talking about this issue to someone locally at the time and who happens to be black, and he commented that "of course he's not going to get any flak over it, the active shooter was white." :roll:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M- Quigley, I appreciate your comments.

I was thinking that Everytown or Moms or some national anti-group would get the mall ownership to sue him on a civil basis for damages on some amazingly flimsy basis of violating their helpless and hopeless policy.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Official press release from the mall management group was that they thanked the heroic Mr. Dicken for his actions and that came out very early in the aftermath of the event.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I tried the "Greenwood Mall drill" again today, on the indoor range. Even at a mere 25 yards (that's maximum distance there) it was tough.

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:I tried the "Greenwood Mall drill" again today, on the indoor range. Even at a mere 25 yards (that's maximum distance there) it was tough.
Did you shoot traditional 2 hand unsupported, or was the firing hand steadied or supported in some way?

Even though I disagree with the few people on the internet or anti gun organizations who implied or flat out said the GG was just as guilty as the murderer I think it's a good thing that they post their opinions publicly. When people who aren't firmly on one side of the fence or the other read the comments, they realize how extreme and agenda driven they really are. In fact I'd like to see them do more of it, at least they're being honest instead of trying to con the public by claiming they are the "reasonable" ones.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote: Did you shoot traditional 2 hand unsupported, or was the firing hand steadied or supported in some way?
I leaned my left side against the side wall of the booth. Fired strong (right) hand with a two handed hold. That gave me a degree of support. I asked the range owner if that was okay before doing it.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:
M-Quigley wrote: Did you shoot traditional 2 hand unsupported, or was the firing hand steadied or supported in some way?
I leaned my left side against the side wall of the booth. Fired strong (right) hand with a two handed hold. That gave me a degree of support. I asked the range owner if that was okay before doing it.
In my case I think age has something to do with ability also. When I was younger I could easily hit a quart size container at 25 yards all day long 2 hand unsupported, sometimes something even smaller. Now if I want to hit anything that size at distance I have to have some support of some kind, and shoot slower.