Woman says I guess I should buy a gun after shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Woman says I guess I should buy a gun after shooting

Post by M-Quigley »

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/ ... olice-say/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This supposedly happened in a nice area of south Philly, and the residents are now scared that 2 people in a house successfully repelled 2 home invaders. :?: There is a lot of ignorant statements regarding the illusion of safety, with one person thinking of moving. There is video with the story but it's just the interviews with residents listed below.
The brazen break-in unfolded on the 1600 block of South 10th Street around 1:30 p.m. Monday afternoon.

“I’m thinking maybe it’s time to move out. For something like this to happen in the middle of the afternoon, it’s like — I heard it was a robbery — if that’s the true story or not, I’m not sure but it’s tough to take,” Mary Grace McHale said.
The two suspects died at Jefferson University Hospital. A 33-year- old was shot 15 times while the other man — between 25 and 30 years old — was shot five times. Officers found both men unresponsive inside the home.

“Shocking. Like I was saying, you don’t expect something like this in your own neighborhood. You see it on the news all the time, unfortunately, and this is really something out of the ordinary for this area,” John Caruzzo said.

Caruzzo joined others in South Philadelphia peering down the street in disbelief. He watched as investigators went in and out of the house, blocking both pedestrian and vehicle traffic.

“It makes you feel uneasy. Like you think that this can’t happen until you walk outside and hear about it and then you see up live and in person and you think, ‘my God, it’s a block from your house. How could this possibly happen?’ But it does,” Carrozza said.

The alleged intrusion prompted some to think about protecting themselves.

“Maybe I should go buy a gun,” McHale said.

The shooters are cooperating with police. The names of the men who were killed have not been released.