Biden Threatens Emergency Powers if Roe overturned

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Biden Threatens Emergency Powers if Roe overturned

Post by bignflnut »

I guess it might not actually be "the law of the land"?
WASHINGTON, June 17 (Reuters) - Encircled by an ominous security fence and off-limits to the public since March 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court is poised in the coming weeks to issue a major ruling that could dramatically curtail abortion rights from behind closed doors with not a single justice in sight.

No members of the public have been allowed in the courthouse since COVID-19 pandemic precautions were implemented in March 2020. The scene at the court has become more tense following protests and threats against some of the nine justices prompted by the May leak of a draft opinion indicating they are set to overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that legalized abortion nationwide. The court has a 6-3 conservative majority.
Biden would use the declaration of a public health emergency to shield doctors from legal liability for treating patients in a state where they are not licensed, according to a report in the New York Times.

^^^SNIP^^^

The president warned that overturning Roe v. Wade would cause a “mini-revolution” in the United States.

“It’s just ridiculous in my view and I don’t think the country will stand for it, but I think what we’re going to have to do, there’s some executive orders I could employ, we believe, we’re looking at that right now,” he said.

Biden’s staff appears more than willing to weaponize emergency and wartime executive powers in politically fraught situations.
!!!!!Public Health Emergency!!!!!!

Sound familiar?

Don't believe for a moment that RKBA will be untouched by this - in the name of Public Health.

Enjoy Juneteenth on the 20th!
Fireworks may begin Tuesday or Thursday with declarations from the ivory tower (which I once sat in on).
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
docachna

Re: Biden Threatens Emergency Powers if Roe overturned

Post by docachna »

So much for that quaint old "Three Co-Equal Branches of Gubmint" thing we learned about in the 60's.

C'mon, man.............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Maybe, perhaps, Ol' Joe will simply use that war powers act thing that he invoked to make the solar panels stuff.

Yes, you are correct, that doesn't apply to medical stuff, but it really doesn't apply to solar panels either. See?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

What's he going to do, tell the fbi to not go after abortion doctors? It's not like executive orders or emergency powers can create laws.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

evan price wrote: It's not like executive orders or emergency powers can create laws.
Were you here for 2020?

While you're technically correct, the entire nation was ruled by governors emergency executive orders. We all were subjected to face diapers and closures from sea to shining sea.

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798