Shots fired, one dead at Tuttle Crossing Mall in Dublin

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Shots fired, one dead at Tuttle Crossing Mall in Dublin

Post by evan price »

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/d ... ttle-mall/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Supposedly someone had a beef in the shoe store. Suspect in custody.
Isn't this a Simon property, and almost certainly posted?
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
M-Quigley

Re: Shots fired, one dead at Tuttle Crossing Mall in Dublin

Post by M-Quigley »

Here's some follow up info to the story. The shooter is out on bail. The prosecution wanted a million bail but the judge said that since he self reported himself he denied the request. The alleged self defense claim is that the deceased "threw a purse at me" and then he allegedly pulled out his handgun and fired several times. If the case isn't plea bargained before it gets to a jury it will be an interesting case. :roll:

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/s ... -6-13-2022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

evan price wrote:https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/d ... ttle-mall/

Supposedly someone had a beef in the shoe store. Suspect in custody.
Isn't this a Simon property, and almost certainly posted?
When you say a Simon property and posted, are you referring to the mall itself or the shoe store in particular? IDK about that mall but I know the Dayton mall had an issue where the mall entrances where posted but not the store entrances and not posted when you go from a store into the interior of the mall, leading to confusion. It was actually brought up as an issue in a shooting where the victim entered and left a shoe store that was not posted. In that shooting however the self defense was pretty clear cut, obvious armed robbery.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M-Quigley wrote:Here's some follow up info to the story. The shooter is out on bail. The prosecution wanted a million bail but the judge said that since he self reported himself he denied the request. The alleged self defense claim is that the deceased "threw a purse at me" and then he allegedly pulled out his handgun and fired several times. If the case isn't plea bargained before it gets to a jury it will be an interesting case. :roll:

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/s ... -6-13-2022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If spitting is assault, certainly throwing an item is assault. Maybe there's a brick in the purse, right? My guess, however, is that said smoke wagon was skinned while the purse was not airborne.

If the imminence of the threat was gone, no justification for deadly force remains, either.

This is the first week of the new setup for unlicensed carry, but this happened just before Monday morning.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
xpd54

Post by xpd54 »

bignflnut wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:Here's some follow up info to the story. The shooter is out on bail. The prosecution wanted a million bail but the judge said that since he self reported himself he denied the request. The alleged self defense claim is that the deceased "threw a purse at me" and then he allegedly pulled out his handgun and fired several times. If the case isn't plea bargained before it gets to a jury it will be an interesting case. :roll:

If spitting is assault, certainly throwing an item is assault. Maybe there's a brick in the purse, right? My guess, however, is that said smoke wagon was skinned while the purse was not airborne.

If the imminence of the threat was gone, no justification for deadly force remains, either.

This is the first week of the new setup for unlicensed carry, but this happened just before Monday morning.
Under Ohio law, in most cases, merely spitting on someone does not constitute the crime of assault. Even if the victim is a police officer.
".....in the end we must still slosh our way through the factbound morass of reasonableness."
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in Scott v. Harris

The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not been reviewed or approved by my employer.

My Blog
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

xpd54 wrote:Under Ohio law, in most cases, merely spitting on someone does not constitute the crime of assault. Even if the victim is a police officer.
And more to the point, simple assault is not sufficient cause to use deadly force.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!